The Black Wolf's Heart [Shinji] for XxTheDevilHerSelfxX

Name: Akane Ishigawa

Race: Vizard

Looks: Shoulder length crimson hair with black streaks, green eyes, and about the height of Yoruichi

Zanpakuto: Kuro Okami (Black Wolf)

Shikai: Break your chains, Kuro Okami

Appearance: A black wolf with a chain around its neck comes from your blade fights beside you

Bankai: Shatter, Shinku no Kage no Okami (Crimson Black Wolf)

Appearance: You merge with your wolf spirit. You have a little black dress with crimson stitching and a chain on your ankle

Past: Were captain of Squad Eleven, until what happened 100 years ago

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Come on, Akane!" Mashiro cheered. "Kick his butt!"

"Working on it! Don't rush me!" the woman yelled back.

The Hollowfied Ichigo roared at the ex-Captain, ready to attack at any moment. She had been the fourth one to enter into the barrier to fight the teen. "How much longer?" Shinji asked Hyori.

"She still has a few more minutes," the girl answered. "Lighten up, Shinji, or you'll get a grey hair."

Akane growled in annoyance when Ichigo got too close, giving her a cut on the cheek. "That's it!" she yelled, no longer playing around. The woman reached up, pulling on her Hollow mask, which was in the shape of a wolf skull.

Some might argue the former Captain was as crazy as the current one, always loving a good battle. However, she didn't like it when her opponents tried to take off her head, like this Hollow had tried to do. "Bankai! Shatter, Shinku no Kage no Okami!"

"Damn," Kensei muttered. "She didn't waste any time releasing it."

"It's been a while since we've seen her in that form," Love pointed out.

"And Shinji's drooling all over her," Hyori pointed out with a smirk. It snapped the man from his staring before he glared down at the girl.

"Am not!" he protested.

"Please, you're a pervert, admit it."

One thing Shinji could admit was that Akane looked very hot in that outfit. The little dress showed off her long legs and toned arms. It clung to her around the upper body, flaring out at the end so she could move around. The crimson stitching on the corset stood out against the black cloth, a ribbon running back and forth down the middle of her back, tying at the end. A chain was clasped around an ankle, zanpakuto attached to the other end in hand.

She fixed her weapon towards the Hollow before attacking. Ichigo threw up his arm to deflect the attack, roaring in her face. Akane jumped back at a distance before throwing her zanpakuto from her hand. The Hollow moved out of the way and the ex-Captain pulled back her leg. It returned to her grasp before Akane jumped into the air, zanpakuto twirling with her.

"I'd still like to know how she fights with her zanpakuto like that," Rose said, watching as Akane displayed her strength. She had managed to force the teen to the ground snarling. A cero started to form in a hand he had managed to get free.

"Akane! Get out of there!" Shinji yelled.

Akane ignored him, slamming her zanpakuto into the edge of the Hollow mask, trying to pry it off. The Hollow screamed before the cero exploded, lighting up the area inside the barrier. "Akane!" everyone yelled in worry.

"Hachi, open the barrier!" Shinji ordered. "Rose, you're in next."

The two men rushed inside though the smoke. Rose easily found Ichigo, engaging in battle. Shinji discovered Akane ten feet away, having been blown back by the blast. "Let me at him!" she yelled, trying to struggle against Shinji as she was pulled out of the barrier. "I wanna tear his mask into pieces!"

"You're done for the day," Shinji noted, seeing that half of her mask had been broken off. "Just return to normal and let's get you cleaned up."

"I'm fine," she protested. "And I don't need your help."

Shinji rolled his eyes. "Sure you don't."

The man pulled her upstairs, sitting her in the living room before going to grab a medical kit. Akane sat on the couch grumbling with her arms crossed as her Bankai and Vizard form began to fade away. "You resorted to extreme measures today," Shinji noted as he started to clean one of her many burns.

"Feh, I had to make sure the kid was strong enough," she answered, looking over at the far wall. "I wasn't about to go easy on him."

"No, of course not. God forbid you ever did that to someone in a fight." Akane fixed the ex-Squad Five Captain a look. "Relax. We saw what we needed to."

"How much longer till we have to kill him?"

Shinji chuckled. "Thirty minutes until he goes over. Why? You want to do the honors?"

Akane grinned sadistically. "Of course. I want to pay him back for what he did."

"And what if he does manage to control his Hollow."

"Then I'll get him when we're training him instead."

Shinji then began to clean the gash on her cheek, making her grunt in response. "Why do you enjoy fighting so much?" he finally asked. "Even in the Soul Society you were so quick to fight, and didn't care how beat up you got. On top of that you nearly got yourself killed countless times."

"Get to the point, Shinji. Why are you asking me this?"

"Do you want to get yourself killed?" Shinji asked, looking her in the eyes.

Akane gave him a weird look before laughing. "I love a good fight, I can't help that. It excites me. I've grown so use to fighting that I rarely feel the pain from a zanpakuto... unless I'm being run through. Being the once Captain for the fighting Squad can do that to you. I can't help it if it looks like I'm trying to get myself killed. I'm not I swear. If anything I'm trying to push myself to be stronger, better." She looked away, resting her chin in the palm of a hand. "Why do you care anyway? I've been like this since the day we met."

Shinji put a bandage over the gash on her cheek before he leaned in and kissed the wound. Akane's eyes widened in response as the man drew away. "Because I care about you," Shinji answered. "I always have, and seeing you put your life on the line like that makes me nervous for your safety." Akane turned to look at him with wide eyes, still stunned. It made Shinji smirk at her reaction. "Wow, I never thought I would see that kind of reaction from you."

She snapped out of it, glaring slightly as her cheeks flushed. "Shut up," Akane snapped, turning away again.

He chuckled, reaching over and tipping her chin towards him. The ex-Captain wasted no time in lay his lips over hers, catching Akane in a tender kiss. A few seconds later the woman kissed back, pulling Shinji closer. An explosion occurred downstairs, making the two pull apart.

"Sounds like it's all over," Shinji said. "Why don't we continue this later?"

Akane grinned. "Yes, lets."