In Silence [Kaname Tousen] for miacarter

"Oh come on, Shuuhei!" Carrie whined like a child. "The Captain is busy and no one else will train! Can you please fight me?"

Shuuhei cocked an eyebrow, looking down at the woman who was twice his age. Though older, Carrie acted like a child from time to time when she was frustrated with something. Now was one of those times. Many Soul Reapers were busy with missions in the World of the Living and around the Soul Society, meaning Carrie had no one to talk to, thus bored.

And it was never a good thing when Carrie was bored. The Lieutenant sighed, closing his eyes. "Alright, Carrie, you win."

"Yeahy!" she exclaimed happily.

The two walked off to a training field where they both brandished their zanpakuto's. "Ready?"

"Ready when you are, Lieutenant!" Carrie called over happily.

Shuuhei shook his head, wondering where the woman got her energy. The Soul Reapers' clashed back and forth in the area, both advancing into Shikai form two hours after they had begun. Unknown to them was that their Captain was listening in on their whole fight.

"Great work out, Carrie," Shuuhei breathed when they ended.

Carrie laughed lightly. "And you didn't want to spar," she teased.

Shuuhei rolled his eyes, ruffling the woman's messy, out of place hair, looking down at her sweaty face. She smiled up at him like a child, "Fine, you were right and I was wrong."

"Good," she giggled. "I'll see you later, Lieutenant."

Carrie retreated from the training ground to her room. Shuuhei turned to leave as well, finally spotting his Captain. "How did we do today?"

"Very well," Kaname answered. "The two of you are growing."

Shuuhei hummed. "Then I guess we'll have to be careful. Our Third Seat might actually surpass us one day."

"She just might."

Carrie sighed, in heaven when feeling the cool shower water hitting her heated skin. Her fingers ran through the hair, pushing the shampoo and conditioner through it, and ridding it of tangles. The remnants of soapsuds ran down her bare skin before disappearing into the drain at her feet. Carrie then closed her eyes, letting the water roll over her face, dripping off the nose and chin. Heaven.

Carrie wished she could've stayed in the shower forever, basking in the feel of water caressing her skin. However, her body was getting wrinkly and she knew it was time to get out.

Carrie didn't pull the uniform on as if going to work. Instead, the woman tied the top halfheartedly, which made it hang loosely on her chest, hair pulled into a sloppy ponytail, resting over her shoulder. She poked her head out the window, seeing that it was a cloudless night.

"Perfect," she whispered.

Carrie slipped on some sandals, walking out of the room, locking the door, and heading into one of the empty fields in the Soul Society.

The blades of the soft grass around her resting body grazed against the exposed parts of her skin. Carrie's eyes gazed at all the stars and constellations overhead, loving the sight of the night sky. Slowly her eyes closed, senses picking up the light breeze that rolled over the field of grass.

Carrie relaxed into a meditative state, pulling herself in so deep that the woman fell asleep, loosing all sense and track of time. Anyone who knew Carrie would think the woman had lost her mind, being calm and relaxed. She was usually upbeat, loud, funny, childlike, though could be serious when the moment called for it, and full of energy. Right now she was calm, cool, and collected, a new personality taking over.

Light footsteps sounded in the field, undetected to Carrie's ears. The visitor bent down beside the woman quietly, and hand touching the soft, black hair. "Never let your guard down," Kaname's voice spoke lightly. "If I were the enemy, I would kill you instantly..."

The Captain's hand slowly moved down to stroke Carrie's cheek. The man took the liberty of moving his fingers over the Soul Reaper's face, tracing her pale facial features lightly. Though Kaname had been with his Third Seat for over fifty years, not once had he touched her, felt her distinct features. The Captain always had to go by voice to define people, never having a picture of someone in his mind, besides his best friend Sajin, Captain of Squad Seven.

Never had Kaname touched a woman's skin under his dark fingers. It felt nice to him, a new sensation that made the tips of his fingers numb. The Captain's hand made it down to Carrie's lips, hesitating at the corner before finally touching them. Her cool breath caressed his skin, crawling up his hand and lightly touching the man's wrist. Kaname was surprised when he felt Carrie's lips turn up in a smile.

"It's a good thing you're not my enemy then," Carrie whispered against his skin. Slowly her eyes opened and she looked back at the blind Captain. "I'm always careful, Captain."

"What are you doing out here?" he asked, removing his hand, leaving Carrie's face warm.

"I came out to star gaze. Do you want to join me?"

"I don't know how much gazing I'll be doing."

"Company is still nice though, whether it's in silence or in the presence of friends and acquaintances. You don't have to see to experience everything, Captain. Just live in the moment."

It was silent for a few seconds before Kaname asked, "Is this the same Carrie Yin that's always in my office everyday talking Squad members' ears off?"

Carrie laughed lightly, rolling her eyes. "Shut up," she mumbled playfully.

A smile tugged at the Captain's lips, his hand coming back to caress her cheek. "Then it is in silence that I enjoy this time with you..."

"Same here, Captain," Carrie whispered.

Kaname then leaned down and captured Carrie's lips with his.