Won't Be Late [Toshiro Hitsugaya] for Squeaker30Aza-chan

"How are you feeling?" Toshiro asked.

Pagan groaned, face down on the desk, while both hands clutched at her head. "Like hell," she muttered. "I asked for no party this year because I know what Rangiku would do. But it still happened anyway."

The young man could not help but chuckle under his breath, moving to the opposite side of the room. "Is that why you took an extra shift in the World of the Living?"

"I thought I could get away... I mean I got back late. I didn't think they would all wait up..."

The Captain placed a cup of tea down on the desk. Pagan glanced up and welcomed the glass right away. Seconds later the door slammed open causing the young woman to wince as the Lieutenant waltzed her way inside. "Good morning!" she sang.

"I'm gonna die," Pagan groaned. "Oh, just kill me now..."

"Rangiku, you're late," Toshiro growled. He was trying to keep his voice low as to not disturb the Fourth Seat's hangover.

"So uptight, Captain."

"Make yourself useful and go deliver this paperwork."

"Yes, sir!"

Finally, the office was quiet again causing them to relax. "How can she be okay after drinking that much?" Pagan whimpered.

"It's Rangiku. Unlike you, she drinks regularly so she's used to it." A soft kiss was applied to the back of the young woman's head from over the desk. "Go home and get some rest."

"But I have work to do."

"I'll get Kei on it. Go home. I'll be over later."

Pagan peeked up from under her arms, looking Toshiro in the eye. "You? Leave the office early? That I've gotta see."

He smirked. "Well, you just might. Go on."

She smirked back. "Is that an order, Captain?"

"Glad to see you haven't lost your humor in your hung-over state."

"Never." Pagan stood wobbling to catch her balance, moving around the desk and stopping in front of the young man. "Tonight then?"

He kissed her again, only this time his teeth tugged on Pagan's lower lip when they began to part. Her cheeks flushed not only from that action, but from the dark teasing look in his eyes as well. "I won't be late," he promised.