06

Jace finished his first lesson with Anabella. He wouldn't lie, every time Jace would smirk or would try to distract Anabella she would make a move or something and he would be on the ground. 

"I see that Anabella kicked your ass pretty bad." Izzy teased.

"Oh yeah, she did. And I thing she like it too much." Jace said.

"Yea she likes to kick it. I heard about the incident when you and Clary arrived." Izzy said.

"Right, and talking about it, Anabella has a really strange way to welcome others." Jace commented.

"Maybe, maybe not. I like her. She is a really confident badass. "Izzy complimented.

"You know what? I will go and lie down, before Anabella decides to have a round 2 with me." Jace said.

Izzy just started to laugh as she saw her brother walking in agony from the pain. Her gaze soon traveled to a person she wanted to see for a long time.

"Meliorn. What are you doing here?" she asked.

"The Clave called me in for some kind of conference." The Seelie knight answered.

"I am so happy to see you." Izzy said with enthusiasm.

"Spare me. Your fire message was pretty clear that you want to never see me." Meliorn said with bitterness.

"My family just-" Izzy started

"Despise downworlders? Yeah, that is a common knowledge." Meliorn cut her off.

"That's nit true. And even if it were I am not like that." Izzy defended.

"It doesn't matter. I didn't come here to talk about us. I suppose she is the envoy?" Meliorn asked as he saw Anabella approaching them.

"Isabelle I am sorry. Meliorn, the Clave ordered that you to be placed under arrest." Anabella said in an emotionless voice. 

"What?" Meliorn asked shocked.

"What for?" Izzy asked.

"Soliciting state secrets from a shadowhunter on behalf of Valentine Morgenstern." Anabella answered. "Now guards, take him to the interrogation." Anabella said and Meliorn was took away.

"Have you lost your mind?!" Izzy snapped at Anabella.

"Me? You are lucky you didn't get arrested along with him, Isabelle Lightwood." Anabella said.

"What are you talking about?" Izzy asked confused.

"I was informed that you had a relationship with Meliorn and it's the Clave's understanding that your long-standing relationship with the Seelie Meliorn, may have led to the disclosure of the state secrets." Anabella said.

"NO! Meliorn told me how to get into the Hotel DuMort so that we could save a mundane." Izzy defended.

"And you told him nothing in return? It's not a secret that the Seelies ask for something in exchange for anything they offer, in you case, he might asked for informations. Nobody is blaming you for the attack. Meliorn and the Seelies were likely working with Valentine all along. Valentine has been murdering downworlders and draining their bodies so he can make experiments. He probably killed those Sellies scouts and used their blood."  Anabella explained.

"That's not true." Izzy said.

"Do you have proof that he hasn't done that? Everybody knows that the Seelies like to play at both ends. What make you believe Meliorn is different, or at least didn't even thought about siding with Valnetine?" Anabella asked.

"Do you?" Izzy asked.

"I have orders. That's all. The Clave has it's own suspicions. I on the other hand, never wanted any of this to happen." Anabella said.

"Of course you didn't." Izzy said with sarcasm.

"Believe what you want. My job is not to make you pleased with me and having you agreeing with me. My job is to rule the Institute until I get new orders, or until I have to get back to London." Anabella said and made her way to her office.

__________

Meliorn was sitting on the sofa before Anabella's desk. Anabella was in front of him and in the room 2 shadowhunters  were next the door. Izzy, Alec and Jace were looking at a monitor at the interrogation.

"Forensics don't lie. So tell me, what you know about the blood in the forsaken?" Anabella asked.

"Have you considered that the blood in the forsaken came from our dead scouts? The scouts we sent to help you find Valentine. Why would we side with a murderer?" Meliorn asked.

"Seelies always play both sides. It's not a secret." Anabella pointed out.

"You should talk about your people playing sides." Meliorn said smiling.

At Meliorn words Anabella frowned. "What do you mean by that?" Anabella asked.

"If only shadowhunters had a better relationship with us, downworlders, you'd know that Valentine's daughter has the cup." Meliorn said smirking. 

"How do I know I can trust that what you told me is the thruth?" Anabella asked skeptical.

"Seelies don't li-" Meliorn started

"But they can manipulate the truth." Anabella cut him off. "So, do I know I can trust you? From what you told me right now, you are betraying Clary Fairchild, who is also a friend of yours. And that got me thinking, what is stopping you from doing the same with us and side with Valentine and the Circle?" Anabella asked.

"This is the fun of the game of trust. As for the playing both sides part, we Seelies are doing everything to survive." Meliorn said.

"Everything to survive huh? We will see how far is this going to get you." Anabella said crossing her arms. She looked them at the guards. "Guards, take him to the cell." Anabella said .

In the monitor room Izzy, Jace and Alec watched the interrogation.

"Well, we are sceewed." Jace said.

"You still think we should still play this out?" Izzy asked her brothers that were just frowning at the monitor.

"I told you that we had to gave the cup to the Clave. But nooooooo. We had to listen to Clary, who doesn't even know how our world works. And now, because of her, we will be in a lot of trouble." Alec said scolding his siblings.

As on clue Anabella's voice was heard. "ALEXANDER AND ISABELLE LIGHTWOOD, AND JACE WAYLAND. MY OFFICE. NOOOW!" 

"We are so done." Alec said pinching the base of his nose.