32

The lights started to glow red showing signs of emergencies. Everybody made their ways in the main room where they saw an hologram of Jace with the words "Wanted, dead or alive".

"Oh crap." Anna said.

"Jace." Clary said. "Aldertree said he wanted to rescue him." 

"Actually Clary, I said I wanted to find him. And you gave me the clue needed to do just that." Aldertree said smirking.

"What did you tell him" Alec yelled at Clary but Anna put her hand on his chest to calm him doawn.

"Is this everybody? Fantastic. First up, all downworlders are forbidden from entering the Institute without my prior approval. For those still present, good day, Mr. Graymark." Aldertree said smiling.

"I am nit leaving Jocelyn. Besides, my badge give access to resources that you don't have. I can help find Jace." Luke stood his ground.

"That's generous of you, but I'm going to have to insist." Aldertree said as he nodded to the exit.

"Call me when you can." Luke said and started to walk away.

"You too Simon. Simon right?" Aldertree asked, and Anna just rolled her eyes.

"It's almost dawn, I don't have anywhere to go." Simon said looking to the ground.

"Well you are a smart boy so you will find a way." Aldertree said still smiling.

"He will die if he goes in the sun!" Clary said trying to defend her friend.

"I am not gonna repeat myself." Aldertreee said sternly.

"Simon. Come on." Luke said and the vampire walked with him.

"Now let's get to it. I have reviewed your statements, along with the reports of your unsanctioned missions. And I can't come to no other conclusion that Jace Wayland is a traitor to the Clave." Aldertree said with his head kept high.

"Wow. Took you so long to get to this stupid idea, huh.  I bet the office is smelling of burn brain." Anna said sarcastic while rolling her eyes.

"Jace is not a traitor." Izzy started.

"Point of fact. Clary said Jace called to warn you about Valentine's trap, which got me thinking." Aldertree paused.

"Oh God, he was thinking. I bet it was really hard for him." Anna whispered so just the ones near her to hear.

""Jace had multiple chances to kill Valentine, but he chose to let him leave. Now Valentine, Jace and the Cup are missing. Do the math." Aldertree said eyeing the Lightwood siblings.

"There is no way we are going to help you hunt Jace." Alec stated.

"And I'd never ask you to. You and your friends are prohibited from any further involvement for the hunt for Jace Wayland." Aldertree said smirking.

"What?" Anna asked surprised.

"The rest of you back to work. I am lifting the lockdown on the Institute, except for Clary and Jocelyn. Given your relationship to Valentine and Jace, I want to keep a close eye on you." Aledertree said as the other walked away.

"This is ridiculous." Clary said.

"Clary..." Her mother started.

"No! We can't just sit around and wait. Okay? They are going to kill Jace. He's your son." Clary yelled trying to convince her mother.

"I know you think you understand this world, but you don't." Jocelyn said.

"I think your daughter knows and understand enough, giving the fact that you lied to her all her life." Anna said with a cold voice.