30

Anna and Magnus were in his apartment. Anna was sharpening one of her knifes, while Magnus was training with his magic.

"I always loved you cat eyes." Anna said out of the blue. "I remember that I wanted a cat so bad after you left, and I wanted to name it Magnus. That way, I was going to have you close." Anna said not looking at the warlock.

"You missed me that much?" Magnus asked curious.

"I really did. After you left, I had to break up with Eric, because grandma was sending me to London for training. It ended in good terms, but I still felt guilty for the way I left things with him." Anna said sighing.

"Ah....Eric Ravensore. The first love of Anabella Herondale. You two made a wonderful couple. Both hardworking, from high classes of shadowhunters. But most lovely was that he understood you." Magnus said smiling at the girl.

"He did, didn't he? And I just chose to break up with him because I just moved to London. Stupid right?" Anna smiled amused at the thought.

"You did that because you knew that where your grandma was sending you, you wouldn't have time for relationships, not even time for visits. You wanted to protect him. You wanted him to continue his life." Magnus said smiling.

Anna looked for the first time from the knives  and smiled at her friend.

"You did what a good friend and a good girlfriend would do. You put someone else's happiness above yours. That's how your mother lived. She was helping others, even if they hurt her, she forgave them and helped them. You are a lot like her Anna. Even though you want to be like your father, you resemble your mother, more and more as days pass." Magnus said smiling.

"I never said I didn't wanted to be like mom. I idolize her  actually, but I tried to be like dad for my grandma. I always though that his death affected her more than she let me see, and I thought that acting like dad would be better. I thought that having a part of him around her would ease the pain." Anna said as she sighed and looked at the knife starting to sharpen it again. "Guess I was wrong." Anna whispered.

Suddenly the door's bell rung. Magnus got a jacket over his chest and opened the door. When he saw Alec in front of the door he instantly groaned.

"Ugh. It's you. What do you want?" Magnus asked the boy angry.

"I came for Anna. Where is she?" Alec asked trying to came in.

"I suggest you to calm down. Now. Anna is in the living room, sharpening her knives. She often do that when she is really angry, so being the fact that you are the one who angered her I don't suggest for you to walk in. Secondly, you want to enter in my house even though I didn't invite you in. And that Alexander is really rude. And thirdly. When you called off your wedding you said you would take care of Anna, instead you told her you did that for her. I know that you shadowhubters are getting frustrated when you don't know what is happening with your parabati, but that doesn't give you an excuse to treat your loved ones like garbage. Now, if you want to talk with Anna, think really well what you want to say to get and be careful." Magnus said while shopping aside from the door letting Alec enter.

Alec entered the room and saw Anna with her knives in her hands, doing exercises.

"Magnus, did you made those cocktails already?" Anna asked not facing Alec as she continued with her exercises.

"I am not Magnus." Alec said rubbing the back of his neck.

"Oh, it's you. So why did you come?" Anna asked not looking at him.

"Anna I am not good at apologize." Alec said.

"Continue." Anna said blundly.

"I am sorry." Alec said.