21

Anabella's pov:

I shot from my sleep gasping for air. I looked around, taking in the surroundings around me. I was in my room. I was in New York. I stood up and changed my clothes. I didn't wanted to do anything special today so I just decided to walk around the Institute. I started to think about the dream I had.

That woman was clearly older than me. And she clearly was me because MAgnus called her Goldie, and he gave that nickname only to me. But how did I opened a portal on my own? My future husband is clearly a shadohunters, because of the runes on his arms and because he will be Inquisitor in Idris. How come he called me Bella? And Highest Witch? I am a shadowhunter. I can't be a High Witch. And why do I keep dreaming that symbol?

As I was walking I found myself in front of Izzy's dorm. I decided that since I don't have anything better to do I might just spend some time with her. I knocked on her door and waited for her to answer.

"Come in." She answered and I stepped in.

"Hey Izzy!" I said smiling.

"Anna! Hey!" She said and came to hug me. I returned the gesture. "What are you doing here?" Izzy asked.

"I don't have anything to do, so I decided to come here to see what are you doing." I said smiling at her.

"Well, as you know my brother is marrying tomorrow and I want to do something for him." Izzy said.

"Ugh, right. I almost forgot." I said while falling on her bed, my face now down in the cover.

"You aren't jealous, are you?" Izzy asked. I could feel that in that question a smirk was playing on her face. As I got my head up to look at the girl I was met with a smirk. I knew it.

"No Izzy. I am not jealous." I said sighing while staying in my back looking at her.

"You doesn't sound like it." she said smiling and then she sat on the bed. "What is it?"

"It's just, your brother is making a huge mistake!" I said throwing my arms in the air.

The girl next to me started to laugh at my childish behavior. "I agree. But he is too stubborn to back down from it now." Izzy said.

"Why do you say that?" I asked curious.

"Alec was always the serious one from our group. And the most stubborn too. He is more the guy to think with his head than follow his heart." Izzy explained.

"But this is marriage we are talking about. You can't marry someone because you think is right. You need to marry that person you love deeply. That you will fight the world by their side." I said while thinking at what the eldest Lightwood was doing.

"He doesn't like to do it either." Izzy said out of nowhere. I gave her a confused look demanding to continue and she did. "Our family name needs to be restored, and a political marriage is the fastest way to do it." Izzy said.

"I guess I understand." I said looking at the ceiling. We stood in silence and then Izzy went to her wardrobe probably looking for a dress to wear tomorrow.

"Do you think he will leave to Idris?" Izzy asked not looking at me.

I looked at her, her face was emotionless, a perfect poker face, but in her eyes I could see the sadness. The worry that her brother will leave the Institute, and her too.

I sighed and stood up. "Probably. Knowing Lydia, she will got her dream job, that being to rule an Institute and Alec will have to go with her as her husband." I said giving her a comforting smile.

"Why can't they rule this Institute?" Izzy asked.

"Because you are here and you will be next to run the Institute, while the Clave will send Alec and Lydia to a new city and Institute where they will stay." I explained not even looking at her. I couldn't lie to her, especially not about her brother. I looked at her and saw her loooking at me with her eyebrows forrowed.

"I guess you are right." She sighed while looking out the window.

I walked to her and embraced her. "Everything will be alright. And hey, even if he will leave, you will still have Jace and Clary, and me. That's until I will have to go back to London." I said smiling at her.

"You are right. Maybe isn't such a loss after all. And he will visit." Izzy said with a little smile.

"Of course he will Izzy. IF he will go away he will clearly got bored and will come back so you could tease him." I said winking and she started to laugh.

"Anna you really are something." Izzy ssid laughing.

"Of course I am. I am a person, a woman!" I said pointing to myself.

"First think when I met you I thought you will be that kind of military girl, but you are behaving like a teenage girl. You are laughing a lot and smile even more." Izzy said while sitting on her bed.

"About that. Sorry. I was actually trying to stick to the image I am having." I said sitting next to her.

"What image?" She asked serious.

"I bet your parents, or at least your brother told you about me. The heiress of the Herondale family, the grand daughter of the Inquisitor Imogen Herondale. I bet that you even heard about my parents. Most of people think that if they are getting on my bad side they might be de-runed. Well, they are not completely wrong. I am deadly and all, but I wouldn't let anyone being de-runed if it's not for a good reason. I made myself an image, the perfect shadowhunter, just like my father." I said looking at the floor.

"Your father. I heard so much about him. If you are just like him then damn, you are a completely bad ass." Izzy said.

"Yeah, maybe I am. I just heard so many stories about my dad, but I couldn't just stop wondering how my relationship with him would have been. Would we both be competitive in a playfull way? Would we be like best buds?" I said while falling on the bed looking at the ceiling.

"I think he would be the proudest dad in history to have a daughter like you. I bet you and him would have invented some kind of tehnique in the swords fight." Izzy said looking at me.

"I wouldn't go that far. But maybe you are right, maybe he would be proud of me." I said standing up. "So. What do you want to give your brother?" I asked.

"Honestly I don't know. What do you think?" she asked me.

"Hmm, how about a bachelor party?" I suggested.

"And what is that?" Izzy asked confused.

"I am not totally sure. It's some kind of tradition for mundanes for the groom before his wedding." I explained.

"Ok. And what are they doing at it?"

"I have no idea."

"What? Then how do you know about this?" Izzy asked me.

"From some mundanes friends I had in London."

"Friends? Mundanes? Really?"

"Yeah. They are cool tho. I went on lots of parties with them And they taught me how to play guitar." I said smiling.

"You play guitar?! By the Angel you need to play sometimes so I could listen."

"One day Izzy. But right now you have a bigger problem to solve." I said smiling while shooking my head.

"Right. How are we gonna do a bachelor party if we don't know what we are suppose to do for it?" Izzy asked me while pacing in the room.

"Don't you have any mundanes friends, preferably males?" I asked.

"Not mundanes...." I saw Izzy thinking and then I saw her face lighting up. "But I know a guy." Izzy said and started to walk to the door.

"Really?" I asked confused.

"Yep. Thank you Anna. You are the best!" She said smiling and winking at me.

"No problem Izzy. Just make sure you don't kill your brother before his wedding day." I said smirking.

"I can't promise you anything." She said and walked out of the room.

I smiled at her behavior and stood up walking out of her room. She is soo much like her brother.