33

Anna and Alec were at Magnus trying to track Jace. Alec was lying on a sofa, shirtless, and Anna was having a really hard time trying to hold her hands to herself.

"Don't go too far. You hear me?" Anna said as she kneeled next to him and took his hand in hers.

"Don't worry. I won't." Alec smiled a her and Anna smiled in return.

Anna draw a rune over Alec's parabati rune and he started to wince in pain. Magnus was ready to use his magic when Alec just stopped.

"What happened?" Anna asked confused.

"I....I can feel it. He's on the ground." Alec as he put his shirt on. "Let's go." Alec said and walked to the door.

Anna nodded to him and she turned to Magnus. She hugged him and whispered. "Thank you for helping him." 

"No problem Goldie. I am always here for you and your friends." Magnus said smiling and he kissed her temples. "Now go help your boyfriend." he said winking.

"Alright. Bye Magnus." Anna waved and run after Alec.

They arrived to the Institute and they found Izzy. 

"Hey, where have you been?" She asked.

"I felt Jace. He is on the ground. We are going after him." Alec informed.

"Actually no. You are not." Aldertree said and Anna turned her head towards him glaring.

"What are you talking about? I sensed Jace. I can find him." Alec said.

"Actually Mr. Lightwood we detected activity in an old vampire nest, so my team of shadowhunters is going to see if it is who we think it is." Aldertree explained. "Besides, giving the relationship you have with Jace Wayland I believe that you wouldn't give him to the Clave." Aldertree said.

"I can't stay here while you are trying to kill my parabati." Alec yelled getting closer to Aldertree.

"Mr. Lightwood I suggest you hold yourself. I don't think you want to be thrown in a cell." Aldertree warned.

"Is that a threat?" Anna asked getting in front of Alec.

"Call it how you like. But Miss Herondale I suggest you hold back your boyfriend before I put him on a trial." Aldertree said.

"Aldertree I swear if you even try to I will-" Anna started.

"You will what Anna?" Aldertree cut her off. "You will take all the blame on you again? From another Lightwood? You know, you never did mistakes. Back in Idris you were the perfect leader, the perfect soldier, the perfect grand daughter and you had an exemplar boyfriend. You are sent 6 years away to train at a higher level and you start to do all of this. Now, I suggest you to stay in your place and go back to your old self, because despite your gradmother, I am not going to let it slide if you decide that is your blame and I will ask for you to be de-runed." Aldertree said and walked away with his shadowhunters.

Anna stood there shocked at what she heard. Has she changed? She didn't know that she was being such a rebel in the Clave's eyes. She was suppose to be the perfect shadowhunter, a model. Now, she is the girl that even yelled and talked back to a superior. 

"Anna..." Alec said rubbing her arm gently.

Anna pulled away from him, like his touch burned her. She didn't looked at him, or at his hurt expression. She just stood there, Aldertree's words going on and on in her head.

"I just need time alone. Excuse me." Anna said and walked to her room.

She got in her room and sit on her bed. She didn't want to see anyone. She stood there, her mind wrapped around Aldertree's words. He was right. When she was in Idris she was The Blessed Child. Every person from her generation or younger would ask her for advice when it comes to training. Now, she was acting to confident, and she was breaking rules. She needed to do that. She didn't wasted her whole life to create a respectable image for herself so she can destroy it in just 1 month.