19

Anabella was walking in the house when she saw Magnus on a chair holding an instrument. She made her way behind him and hugged him. The warlock tensed at the touch thinking an intruder sneaked behind him.

"It's me Rainbow." Anna said with a soft voice. 

Magnus relaxed and sighed tired. Anna let him go and made her way to stay in front of him. 

"How are you?" Anna asked.

"I think we both know the answer to that question Goldie." Magnus said with a small smile.

"I know it Magnus. But I want to talk about it. About how you felt when you saw Ragnor. How you feel now. " Anna said stepping closer to him. Anna bended on her knees in front of him, while rubbing one of his hands with her thumb. "Magnus I am practically your daughter, you raised me, you told me that every time I have a problem to come and talk to you. You always listened to what I had to told you, now is time for me to listen." Anabella said looking in the warlock's eyes.

"You aren't going home until I don't talk to you, are you?" Magnus asked.

"I think we both know the answer to that question." Anabella said using Magnus's words.

That made him chuckle. "You are so much like your mother." Magnus said while caressing her hair. "So stubborn, so determined, but also so full of light and kindness." Magnus continued. "Do you think I made a good job with you? Do you think they would be proud if they will see how you got because of me?" Magnus said, concern and worry clearly in his voice.

"Are the facts that one of my friends told me my father would have been very proud to see me as the woman I become and you telling me that I am so more like my mom to make you feel proud of yourself and proud of the wonderful job you did with me?" Anabella asked.

"Maybe you are right." Magnus sighed.

"You miss them, don't you?" I asked.

"Everyday Goldie. Your mother was my best friend and I got along with your father pretty well too." Magnus said.

They stood in a silence until Anabella had enough of it.

"You know what I didn't come here to make you more sad than you already were. Besides it's clear you won't talk with me about all the Ragnor situation and it's fine." Anabella said in a determined voice as she stood up.

"And what do you want to do then?" Magnus asked.

"Do you remember when I was little and my grandma told me that my parents are not going to ever come home?" Anabella asked a little smile on her face.

"Of course I do. You were shattered. You locked yourself in your room and wouldn't talk to anybody. I had to come by force in your room that day." Magnus explained.

"Yeah. And then you took me in the training room and you put the music on. And then you took my hands and you taught me how to dance. And just like that I learnt how to dance like in the 60s." Anabella said

"That was a long time ago. But why are you telling me this?" Magnus asked confused.

"Because we are going to do just like then, but this time you are in my place and I am in yours." Anabella said

"You are going to teach me how to dance? Sorry to break it to you but I am already an excelent dancer." Magnus said standing up.

"Then proove it Mr. Bane." Anabella smirked and put the music on her phone.

As they finished to dance they were panting and smiling.

"Well look at that. You can dance." Anabella said smirking.

"Well, I am a little less rusty than I thought I will be." Magnus said smiling at Anabella.

"I didn't even notice." Anabella said giggling.

Magnus looked at the blonde in front of him and smiled. "Thank you. " Magnus said.

"You don't have to thank me Magnus. I just returned the favour."

"No I mean, thank you for everything. For being the perfect grand daughter for Imogen even if it was hard, for creating a perfect image for you as the amazing heiress of the Herondale family, for being my favourite person in the world and for not leaving me alone in this kind of situations." Magnus said.

"Magnus, we are familly. I would never left you or anyone that I love for anything in this world." Anabella said smiling softly.

"Thank you Goldie. You make me so proud."

"Anytime Rainbow." I said smiling. "Thanks for being the best friend I could ever want."

Anabella pulled away from the hug and looked at Magnus." I am going back at the Institute. But I will see you tomorrow."

"Of course." Magnus said and Anabella walked out.

She walked alone to the Institute feeling the cold air on her skin. She soon arrived and went inside. She didn't want to talk to anybody. When the got in her room she changed and then got in the bed.

While waiting for the sleep to take her Anna felt something on her face. When the looked she saw that tears were rolling down her face. She soon started to sob, but not long after,  she drifted away, falling asleep.