Chapter Seven

Sorry It's short, it's just a bit of a filler chapter, next ones will be better. :) x

Harry Styles tapped his fingers on the driving wheel of his car. The first day of his new career had been confusing, more than anything. He had come home and tried to relax, in his lonely little flat, because his head was full of lots of crazy thoughts. Obviously, this was expected. Anyone who starts a new job is going to have a whole lot of stuff running through their minds, but Harry had never felt so buckled down by the amount of stuff running through his head. Because of this, he didn’t even want to attempt cooking himself some food, so he went straight for the nearest fast food takeaway, McDonalds. He was in the drive through, and he should have waited a while before coming out, since he had hit rush hour and the drive through was packed.

He leaned his head back in the seat and looked into the wide windows of the actual restaurant. There were parents with kids rushing around excitedly, gangs of teenagers in school uniforms all laughing and talking, it was packed to the brim. He sighed and went to look back at the queue to see if it had moved on slightly, when he saw the mysterious, chocolate-eyed boy that had prayed on his mind since the first moment that he had seen him. Harry’s eyes targeted onto the figure of Zayn Malik. For some reason, he felt ten times for drawn to him. Harry had never, ever, seen Zayn smile. Not even once, but now he looked on at him in absolute wonder. He was sat in McDonalds, smiling and laughing, with what looked like his sisters. He had sisters? Both girls were young, and looked undoubtly like Zayn. The three of them all shared the same dark hair, chocolate eyes and olive skin. His two younger sisters were looking up in wonder at their older brother. Harry watched on as Zayn grabbed one of the girls’ toys that came with the McDonalds’ meals and started to muck around and play with his two sisters. For some strange reason, Harry smiled. He watched on as Zayn made his two sisters laugh, and he felt somewhat hopeful. Zayn put up a ‘bad boy’ attitude and persona, even when he was with his friends, he still looked like how he wanted himself to look like, and it was easy for most teachers to put the stereotype of Zayn being a bad student and a bad person because of this, but Harry was now seeing him in a new light. Zayn really just was a misunderstood boy. Somehow, Harry had to do something. He couldn’t change Zayn, but he could change his English Lit lessons so that Zayn could be appreciated more. That’s all he needed, right? Appreciation, for once. A car horn brought Harry from his thoughts and he realised that he was holding up a small queue in the McDonalds drive through. He drove on and got his order done, before he drove back to his small flat, his mind still running on overdrive. After just one day, Zayn Malik dominated his thoughts. What the hell would happen by the end of the week?

 ***

“Okay guys,” Harry announced to his A level class with a smile. He had survived his first week at Greater Bradford High School. He’d gotten through dealing with students, late homework excuses, and making students sort out their uniforms, but he felt successful. He had spent time getting to know a few more teachers, and he spent more time with Louis and Eleanor who were genuinely nice people. Also, his mind had now lowered down on the whole ‘thoughts about Zayn Malik’ thing that he was going through. But, out of all the students in his A level class, he was still mesmerised by him. Everytime he looked at the cigarette balanced over his ear and his hard exterior, all he could see was the loving big brother that he had seen earlier in the week. Harry really needed to forget about him, he saw him outside of school, he should just pretend he shouldn’t know him, but there was something about him…something.

“I know it’s only the first week, but I’ve got to give you some work to do this weekend, just so I know what you’re all like when it comes to essays and that stuff, so I’m just going to set you a short essay, we’re only talking a page, which you can spend the weekend doing.” Harry started to explain. He started to write out the essay title on the board, and the sixth formers all moaned about it or asked questions about it as they wrote it down. After they all wrote it down, they started to pack away, and Harry noticed how Liam went over to Zayn. Liam was a really good student, and in fact, all of the students in his A level class were really great students, but it was just Zayn that was so quiet and barely ever said anything, and barely ever took notes. He never talked to Harry before, during or after class, and Harry was doubtful about the fact that he might not do the homework set. Only time could tell, he thought to himself.

“Essay doesn’t sound too bad, eh?” Harry overheard Liam say to Zayn. Out of the corner of his eye, Harry saw Zayn shrug.

“Just means making time for it, even though it’s not worth it.” Zayn mumbled, and Harry looked up at him for a moment. Zayn noticed and scowled at him, before he and Liam left the classroom. Why would Zayn not have any time? Harry had given them enough time, hadn’t he? It was only a small essay, which they were all doing over the weekend. Harry was lost in his thoughts that he didn’t hear Eleanor and Louis walk in.

“Well done, you survived your first week!” Eleanor cheered happily, and Harry looked up slightly gormless at them both.

“What, oh, thanks!” Harry laughed to himself, as Louis and Eleanor placed a chocolate muffin in front of him.

“You looked knackered already, don’t suppose you’re awake enough to want to come and have a drink with us?” Louis asked with a smile. Harry smiled. Alcohol and new friends would be a great, great distraction from Zayn Malik.