Chapter Sixty

A few weeks later, Zayn was sat back in the English classroom, listening to his new teacher talk about their upcoming exams. Miss Sentance was a really nice teacher; she was short, petite and half of the class already fancied her already, except for Zayn and Liam, who were now sat together. New teachers always meant new mad up seating plans. But, the new teacher also meant no Harry, and not seeing Harry everyday meant that school was even more boring than before. Zayn gave a long yawn, making Liam roll his eyes at him. Zayn’s head started to droop, his heavy eyelids going with them.

“Hey, earth to Zayn, you’re getting foundation on my shoulder.” Liam chuckled, shrugging his shoulder so Zayn would have to pull his head away from his best friend. Zayn gave a moan and looked at Liam with a slight frown.

“I don’t wear foundation.” Zayn replied, rolling his eyes. That was one of Niall and Liam’s jokes about him. They always used to tease him about how nice his skin was, which lead onto Niall saying that Zayn wore foundation. Zayn didn’t really know what foundation was, in all honesty.

“Yeah whatever. How’s Harry? Is he working yet?” Liam asked with a smile, and Zayn shrugged a little.

“He’s alright, he isn’t working though. He saves he has a load of money saved, but he’s always on his laptop when I’m round. I don’t know what he’s doing but it takes me ages to get him off the laptop. I feel like we’re a married old couple.” Zayn laughed, and Liam laughed as well. It was all true, everytime Zayn went round to Harry’s he had to fight against the laptop for Harry’s attention. He’d even got out homework and sat and did half an English essay while Harry was on the laptop. Zayn had absolutely no idea what his boyfriend was up too, but it must have been important somehow.

“Well, aslong as he’s happy I suppose.” Liam replied with a small smile and Zayn nodded in agreement. Harry certainly was happy, Zayn had asked him enough over the past few weeks.

The lesson went on and the two boys listened to Miss Sentance talk to the boys about their upcoming exams, and battle against some of the boys important questions, like where did she live and if she was married. She just rolled her eyes and laughed, before she finally admitted she was dating an Australian guy and the rest of the class burst into very bad Australian accents. Liam and Zayn had simply rolled their eyes; their minds much preferring to daydream about their boyfriends then listen about anyone else’s.

That’s when Zayn’s phone started to vibrate in his pocket, and he looked down into his pocket hoping that it might be his curly haired boyfriend sending him a random joke that would be painfully cheesy, or maybe even a photo of Dusty. Zayn’s phone had started to gather quite a lot of those…

When Zayn saw how his Mother’s doctor was ringing him, his good mood evaporated and he didn’t even think twice before he yanked the phone from his pocket and answered it.

“Hello? This is Zayn Malik?” He answered, and Liam looked at him in confusion as Zayn sat talking on his phone, making it as obvious as day. Miss Sentance had noticed and was looking at him in confusion. Phones were completely forbidden in lessons, even though everyone always kept them on and on vibrate or silent, but Zayn didn’t care. If the Doctor was ringing him then this was an emergency, classroom or no classroom.

“Zayn, this is Dr. Evans, your Mother has gone into labour early, and she’s asking for you.” The doctor spoke, and Zayn immediately shot up from his seat, pulling his school bag over his shoulder in the process. The questions started to spin around his head, distracting him from the deep voice of the doctor. His Mother had another month or so before she was due to go into labour, so why the hell had she gone into labour now? He wasn’t ready, they weren’t ready at all!