Chapter Ten

For Felicity, my number one fan. :) Thanks for your support, Zayn!:p x

Liam Payne was sat in the common room. He had a piece of history homework in front of him that needed doing now that he was in his free, but his mind was too busy to think about writing about Crusades. Ever since he had watched Zayn walk off with that Alex Johnson kid, he had been majorly suspicious. Alex didn’t have a bad rep, but he didn’t have a hell of a good one either. Josh and Niall were sat on the table with him, but they were too wrapped up in throwing paper balls at each other to notice Liam. Instead, Liam rested his eyes on Alex Johnson himself. He was sat with one or two friends, half talking and half listening to music. Zayn was in as much shit as possible right now, and to think that he might be getting involved with Johnson really pissed off Liam. All he was trying to do was look after his friend, but when your best friend is hooked on causing shit in lessons, it’s hard to keep a constant eye on them. But what the most annoying factor of it all was that Niall wouldn’t leave Zayn alone. Not in a bad way, Liam, Niall and Zayn were all best friends, Liam wouldn’t want anything to happen to that, but he didn’t like the way Niall was constantly trying to impress Zayn by acting…well, like Zayn. It was annoying, Niall was just being fake at the end of the day, which pissed Liam off. It pissed him off so much. The more he thought about it, the more his breathing quickened. He was relentlessly tapping his pen on the table that he didn’t realise it had distracted Josh and Niall.

“Dude!” Josh yelled, playfully hitting Liam on the arm.

“Fuck off!” Liam snapped back, before realising what he said. Niall and Josh looked at him in shock, looked at each other, and then back at Liam. Liam dropped his pencil, and sighed as he closed his eyes and put his head back.

“I’m sorry. I’m just pissed off.” Liam said through gritted teeth. It wasn’t like him to get so wound up, but he couldn’t help it, Niall was perfect the way he was, and he didn’t want anything to ruin that, even Zayn. He opened his eyes and looked up at Josh and Niall with a small smile. Niall smiled widely, before rummaging through his pockets. See? How could someone change someone who was so…Niall…Liam thought to himself.

“Maybe your blood sugar is low, my Mum always said to eat something when you feel angry, it’s because of your blood sugars.” Niall started to ramble on cutely, digging out a muffin from his pocket. Josh looked at him curiously.

“Okay one, who the hell carries a muffin in their pockets all day? And second, you must have had low sugars all the damn time!” Josh teased, elbowing Niall. Niall elbowed him back, taking a bite of the muffing himself before offering it to Liam. Liam forced a smile and shook his head, before looking back over to Alex Johnson. Alex rose to his feet, telling his friends he’d be back in a few minutes.

“C’mon Li, chocolate chip!” Niall offered, and Liam rolled his eyes before jumping up to his feet. He slowly followed Alex through the common room and into the sixth form toilets.

Liam went into the toilets and closed the door behind him. Alex must have heard this, because he turned around and looked at Liam before going over to the urinal. Liam stood there with his arms folded. He would have never done this in a million years, but he was so angry right now it was unbelievable, he didn’t even feel like himself.

“I don’t trust you.” Liam said sternly, which caused Alex to turn his head towards him in confusion.

“Gimme two seconds, yeah?” Alex sighed impatiently, before finishing his business. As he did so, Liam started to roll up the sleeves of his white school shirt. He clicked his fists together. He was ready to punch this guy. Alex finished up and turned around, zipping up his zipper and looking expectantly at Liam.