Chapter Fifty Five

**RIP to Hannah, @directioner723. Without you, love, this fic would have never existed. Your Falling For My Teacher inspired Irresistible, and now I have only you to thank. Thank you so much, you were full of amazing talent and potential, and I will miss you so much. Sleep tight angel, thank you for everything.** <3

Zayn Malik unlocked the front door for his Mother before stepping to one side to let her through. With her bump in one hand, she waddled into the house before disappearing into the living room. Zayn watched her go with sad brown eyes before he closed the front door behind him. The doctor had said how there was no real bad damage, and it just turned out that his Mother was going through a few cramps brought on from her habit of lying in bed all day and night. Apparently the baby had been uncomfortable, and that’s why his Mother was experiencing the pain, nothing major. But, he felt disappointed. His mother hadn’t mentioned once about the fact that she pops pills quicker than Niall gets through his school lunch.

He kicked off his shoes before he walked into the living room to find his Mother sat on the comfy sofa, her eyes on the TV.

“Mum.” Zayn started, which made her eye level rise and she looked at him with cautious eyes. He didn’t realise how low and stern his voice was until he watched his Mother’s skin shiver slightly.

“You failed to tell the doctor that you have a problem.” Zayn spoke up, before he watched as his Mother’s cautious eyes turned away from him, an irritated sigh leaving her lips.

“A pill problem, Mum.” Zayn went on, determined to let his Mother how annoyed that this was to him. She had lied through her teeth to the doctor, who had been looking after her and making sure she wasn’t in pain. In Zayn’s eyes, this just wasn’t on.

“Zayn Jawaad Malik.” His Mother hissed at him, and he immediately bit down on the use of his full name. He was angry at his Mother, he had rushed out of school to take her to the hospital, he’d taken money from Harry to pay for their taxi fares, and she’d barely thanked him or acknowledged what he had done for her.

The tenner under his pillow was to save for something for the girls, or if the girls had an emergency. He knew that when the baby came all the money would go towards the baby and the girls little luxuries would have to come second, that’s why Zayn was trying to save the money, so he could always have a little something to use to treat them with, but now he’d have to start that all over again, after paying Harry back. In his heart of hearts, Zayn really didn’t know whether this baby would be a help or a hindrance.

“I’m just saying that taking all of those pills isn’t exactly going to help the baby, is it?” Zayn spoke, his brow furrowed as he started to feel that familiar feeling of anger slowly trickle down his arms and into his hands, causing them to curl into fists. His

mother didn’t look up at him. Her chin was high in the air, and Zayn could have cut the air of arrogance coming from his Mother with a knife.

“You just don’t care! Don’t you realise that there’s going to be another mouth to feed? Another baby to clothe, bathe, look after. The only time I get money is when I steal it from Dad’s wallet, and he doesn’t come home anymore, even though you defend his disgusting arse until the cows come home.” Zayn suddenly snapped. His mother was acting like a child, and she was the one expecting!

His mother still refused to acknowledge his presence.

“You make me sick!” Zayn suddenly screamed, for her behaviour was too much for him. She was sat there like she was the queen, and like she expected to be waited on hand and foot. That was the moment that Zayn knew that when the baby arrived it would all be too much pressure for her, and she wasn’t ready for this. Zayn may as well take the baby on as his own child, to keep the poor mite from knowing what let downs their parents were.