Chapter Fifty Nine

Zayn Malik slowly made his way down to the headmaster’s office. The school was so quiet right now that it was deadly, and his footsteps seemed to echo all around him as each step brought him closer to what felt like his impending doom. His hands were dug into the pockets of his school blazer, and his teeth were biting at his bottom lip. He had never felt more nervous or anxious in his life. What if Harry was in serious trouble? Was he really in jail? Harry couldn’t go to jail, he was too pretty for jail, and he’d never survive in there either!

This was really annoying him. He knew exactly where everyone who he loved was, except for Harry. The girls would be at school, running around going crazy most probably. His Mum would be at home, either sleeping or watching TV. Liam was back in English class, probably texting Niall about what was going on, and Niall would be sat in his science class, eating his third chocolate bar of the day. But, he didn’t know where Harry was, and it was killing him. He always felt this need for him to know where everyone was at the same time so that he could keep them safe and protected, and not knowing where Harry was at this current moment was tearing him apart.

He hadn’t realised that the need for Harry’s whereabouts had made his feet walk faster, and now he was walking down the small corridor towards the headmasters office. The dark wooden door looked so eerie and looming that it gave Zayn the creeps. His walking pace slowed down before he was finally stood outside of the door. He gulped a little, feeling a little frightened for some reason. Somehow, he could be thrown out of a window by his Father or forced into sex by Alex Johnson, and yet this seemed scarier. He failed to find any logic in that at all. Telling himself to man up, he brought his knuckles to the door and knocked on it briskly, before standing in an anxious silence.

“Enter, Mr Malik.” The headmasters voice boomed through the door, and Zayn felt creeped out once again because of how he knew it was him at the door. Zayn took a deep breath before he opened the door and walked into the headmaster’s office. His head teacher was sat on a dark mahogany desk, a computer on one side of the desk and then piles of paper work on the other side. His squinted dull blue eyes were staring right into Zayn’s soul, even if they were on opposite sides of the room.

“Come and take a seat.” The head teacher summoned, and Zayn had to hide an angry retort behind his teeth. He hated teachers, they had such superiority over students, treating them like little dogs that had no feelings and just needed discipline all the time. Zayn slowly walked over to the seat and sat down. It wasn’t the most comfy seat, but then again it was like it was foreshadowing the conversation that was about to come. 

“I’m sure you know what this is about, Zayn.” His deep voice came from across the table, and Zayn didn’t really know how to respond to that. So he stayed quiet. The head looked up from his papers and at Zayn with such a look of judgement in his eyes that made Zayn feel sick.

“Yes…you do know what this is about.” The head mumbled to himself, his voice lower but not low enough so that Zayn could still hear it. Again, he stayed silent, not knowing what to say, and he didn’t want to say anything either.

“Let’s talk about Mr Styles, shall we? This is no secret anymore, Mr Malik, and I expect for you to tell me just what is happening between the pair of you.” The head spoke, but Zayn kept his lips tight and together. He wasn’t going to talk about his and Harry’s relationship.

“Where is he?” Zayn simply asked instead, and watched as the head looked at him with puzzlement.

“When I ask you a question I expect you to answer it.” The head told him sternly, and Zayn leaned back in his seat.

“As do I, sir.” Zayn replied quickly, not even caring that he might get in trouble for back chatting to the headmaster. Right now he wanted to know where Harry was, and that would be the only thing he would talk about. The headmaster stayed quiet and rose from his seat, before he slowly walked over to one of the windows in his office.