Chapter Twenty Seven

*Use of violence and abuse, please do not read if this is upsetting or distressing in anyway. Thank you.*

“Waliyha, shut up, I’m talking!”

“Zayn! Tell Safaa that this is my turn to talk!”

“All your stories are just made up anyway, stupid head.”

“Says the girl with a pet unicorn under her bed.”

“Will you girls shut up for five minutes?” Zayn suddenly burst out, a wide smile on his face. He and his younger sisters were sat on the bus on the way home, since Zayn was too tired to walk. Even though he had spent the last few hours tucked up, fast asleep with Harry, he was still extremely tired, and couldn’t wait to get an early night tonight. Although, it seemed that the girls were amazingly energetic tonight, so his hopes of an early night were fading. Plus, since it being Friday, they were allowed to stay up for longer as well. Both girls, who were sat next to each other on the bus seat with Zayn behind them, both huffed and folded their arms at the same time, which made Zayn laugh. Safaa turned around to her brother.

“Zayn, why’d you keep smiling so much?” She asked, and Waliyha looked from her sister to her brother with suspicious eyes.

“Cause you guys are making me laugh, obviously.” Zayn chuckled, even though it was partly a lie. The girls were making him laugh, but every so often, his skin would shiver as he remembered where Harry’s hands had held him so softly, and he’d break out into smiles. He felt like such a dork. Safaa suddenly smiled as widely as she could.

“Ooo look, I’m Zayn!” She laughed, breaking out of character because she was laughing so much. Waliyha laughed so much with her, that at one point he thought his sisters were going to wet the bus seat from laughing so much.

“Girls, if you keep laughing and making fun of me, I won’t make you any tea tonight, okay?” Zayn playfully threatened them, and both girls’ quietened down, even though they were still looking at each other with cheeky smiles.

For the rest of the bus journey, Zayn’s thoughts lingered back to Harry. He looked down at his clothes, and realised they were Harry’s. When he knew his sister’s weren’t looking at him, he brought the low collar of Harry’s vest to his nose and smelt the heavenly smell of fabric conditioner, and him. This made Zayn break into another smile, dropping the collar of his top again and pulling his phone out from his pocket.

“Whoa, calm down guys…” He mumbled to himself, as he looked through the unread messages that he had gotten from Liam and Niall. It was mostly them asking he if was okay, and where he was. Oh, and there was a lecture about fire safety from Liam, which only made Zayn smile. Then, he saw that name in bold lettering.

“No delivery, just tips tonight. Be there, ten. Do not leave me waiting, Malik. – Alex.”

That made the colour drain from Zayn’s face. Oh God, he couldn’t deal with any of this tonight, he thought to himself as he slipped his phone back into his pocket. He rubbed his face in his hands for a minute, before the girls started to shout out about how they were coming to their stop. Zayn pulled himself out of it. Girls came first, everything else came later. That’s when he thought about Harry again…where did he come?

Zayn got up on his feet, throwing his bag over his shoulder, and taking Safaa’s hand in one of his hands, Waliyha holding onto Safaa’s other hands. Zayn lead them off the bus, and they watched it drive away slowly.

“Zayn, can we listen to your iPod?” Waliyha asked, and Safaa eagerly nodded her head and sent up puppy eyes to him. He couldn’t help but let out another laugh, as he pulled it from his bag and passed it to the girls. For young girls, they certainly knew how to use an iPod. They both put an earphone into their ears, before they started singing along to Chris Brown. Zayn laughed, as he herded them both up his street. It was just another, normal night, or so he thought.