Chapter Thirty Three

“Zayn,” Harry’s voice echoed across the English classroom. Zayn suddenly looked up at him, hiding the smile that he wanted to show. It had been a rollercoaster of a weekend, but Zayn had spent some time with Harry on Saturday, and it was perfect. They had both simply wrapped up in a cosy duvet before watching a couple of films, before they had gone into the kitchen to make themselves something to eat, which turned into a food fight, and then a kiss fight. Zayn felt so happy when he and Harry were on their own together. It was just them too, Zayn could be himself, and Harry was showing Zayn what he was like in return. He was perfect.

Harry coughed again, and Zayn realised he had daydreamed once again. He just couldn’t keep those perfect flashbacks of last weekend out of his head. He’d had such a rough weekend, the only thing that got him to where he was were those flashbacks. Harry renewed him everytime he saw him, even now, in the classroom.

“Sir?” Zayn asked, looking across the room to where Harry was sat marking at his desk. Zayn couldn’t help but smirk when he called Harry ‘sir’. Other people in their situation may find it weird having to call someone they liked ‘sir’, but Zayn saw it as a game, and Harry ate that shit up.

“Can you come and take a seat here for a sec? I want to talk to you about your coursework.” Harry asked with a small smile, those green eyes glistening as he did so. Zayn tried to hide his own smile once more, before he loyally stood up and waltzed over to the desk, making sure he covered the drawing of Harry that he had been doing with a textbook. The rest of the class were all discussing their own marked essays with each other, as well as trying to draft out an essay. Zayn had tried to draft out the essay, but how could he when all he could smell was Harry’s sweet smell, drifting across the classroom and teasing his nose.

Zayn plonked himself down on the seat, ruffling up his gelled fringe as he did so, before looking at Harry curiously.

“And?” Zayn demanded slightly, making Harry tut to himself, before pulling out the completely doodled and drawn over essay that Zayn had written, and then there was another underneath it.

“First of all, less of the doodling. This is English, let’s keep it that way, Mr Malik.” Harry told him sternly, a small frown falling over his face. Zayn leaned back in his chair, and he would have gotten mad at Harry for talking to him like that, if it wasn’t for the touch of Harry’s foot from under the table softly caressing his own.

“Mhmm.” Zayn simply mumbled back, trying not to make the effect of Harry’s simple touch take over him. He just wanted to sink into Harry’s body, but he couldn’t.

“But,” Harry said, before a smile cropped up once again on his perfect face, “This essays are really, really good. You show a good understanding of things, and the way you can describe something so simple yet with such great description is outstanding. These are both marked as Bs, but they were written in a slight rush, so I reckon with a bit more effort you’ll be on an A in no time, Zayn.” Harry explained, and the smile on Zayn’s face was unshakable now.

“I’m really proud of you, Zayn.” Harry ended with a wide smile, passing Zayn the essays with one hand, while his other sneaked onto Zayn’s thigh and gave a slight squeeze before moving away, making Zayn’s skin tingle.

“Thanks, Harry.” Zayn mumbled, too shocked for words.

“There’s a post it note on the back with improvements on, when you have a quick moment I want you to go through them, and see if you can redo the essays according to the feedback I’ve given you.” Harry said with a hopeful smile, and Zayn could see the pride in Harry’s eyes. Was Harry proud of him? He’d never made anyone proud before…and to make Harry feel proud of Zayn…wow, that felt really, really good. His heart felt like it was moshing in his chest as both boys exchanged a look that showed how desperate a kiss needed to be shared.