Chapter 46: Black's Blood's Unearthly Scheme

(Artwork by Me :P)

Lloyd peered around the corner and down the dark hallway. No sign of life stirred. It was spooky. He shivered in the blue silk dress he wore and adjusted his wig. Where is everyone?

Earlier Little Leaf had noted there had been odd noises coming from downstairs, and when Lloyd listened he thought he'd heard something like people screaming. He had a bad feeling it had something to do with Black Blood and her Moon Tribe warriors. He hoped the rest of the team were all right.

"Where is everyone?" he repeated out loud, glancing warily up and down the empty hallway.

"Shh," Little Leaf—or Lloyd-Leaf, seeing that she was in his form and wearing his clothes—shushed him quietly. "I can smell them—my tribe-mates." A frown crossed the face that wasn't hers, and she brushed a strand of blond hair out of her face. "They're probably nearby, now that they've taken the castle."

"You're sure they've captured it and everybody in it?"

"I can't imagine them doing anything else." Lloyd-Leaf took a breath and looked at Lloyd in his feminine costume. "All right. We're going to split up: you go find the others, and I'll find my tribe-mates and distract them from capturing you."

"All right," Lloyd agreed with a nod, looking at his clone. "Just... be careful, OK?"

"Relax," Lloyd-Leaf assured as they turned a corner of the corridor. "I'll be fine—"

It was at that moment the two of them walked rather comically into a pair of a Moon Tribe warriors patrolling the hallway, who voiced startled meows when two teenagers bumped into them.

"OK, we have got to be more careful than that," Lloyd-Leaf groaned.

"Run!" The two of them turned and raced away, but Lloyd found himself tripping helplessly over the skirt of his ridiculous dress, and he sprawled onto the floor with a low grunt. Fortunately, his wig sat securely on his head, so the only hint that he wasn't a girl was the masculine groan he voiced when one of the werecats pounced upon his back and pinned him to the carpeted floor.

"Going somewhere, pretty thing?" Aaguttural voice purred mockingly in his ear. "Get up." A strong hand with long, dirty nails snatched the neck of his dress and yanked him to his feet.

Lloyd saw the second Moon Tribe warrior grabbing Lloyd-Leaf and dragging her over to him. Lloyd-Leaf grunted and struggled against her captor, then cried out indignantly in Lloyd's voice, "Let us go, you ugly fur-ball!"

Lloyd couldn't help but feel impressed by Little Leaf's convincing impersonation of him. He wondered if she had been taking notes on his personality earlier in case of a situation like this when they had first met. He found the thought rather creepy, and suppressed a shiver.

"And who might you be, young human?" the werecat gripping Lloyd-Leaf's arm growled menacingly.

Lloyd-Leaf met his catlike stare defiantly. "What makes you think I should tell you?"

The warrior's eyes flashed dangerously. "The fact that I am feeling hungry right now, and you look somewhat tasty, little tom." He raised the other hand up in the air, glaring at Lloyd-Leaf, and morphed it into a furry paw, where white claws shot out and glinted in the dim light of the corridor.

The werecat holding Lloyd abruptly raised a hand in the air. "Wait."

The first werecat whirled around and glared at his companion. "What?"

The second warrior was staring at Lloyd-Leaf, bright feline eyes narrowed to slits. Lloyd-Leaf shifted under his searching gaze, looking uneasy.

Lloyd held his breath. They won't recognize Little Leaf's scent, right? She should smell like me now—at least, I think she does. What will happen if they recognize her? Will they discover me? Oh, First Spinjitzu Master, please don't let me die in a dress!