Chapter 57: Nya's Promise Fulfilled

"Mr. Borg," a man in a stiff uniform called. "The ninja are here."

"Wonderful, wonderful," Cyrus Borg gestured hastily to his assistant. "Send them right in."

The young man obliged, and a few moments later Master Wu, Zane, Lloyd, Nya, Liana, and Matilda strode together into the spacious office of Cyrus Borg. Borg felt a broad smile spread across his face, and he wheeled eagerly to meet the team.

"It's good to have you back!" he exclaimed, reaching out to shake Lloyd's hand. "And Lloyd! I'm glad you are safe. You were still lost when I last saw your friends."

"Thanks, Mr. Borg." Lloyd smiled and shook his hand. "I'm glad to be back."

Borg's gaze drifted to the rest of the group. He felt a twinge of unease when he realized there was someone missing. "Why, where's Cole?"

His uneasiness increased when Lloyd shared an uncomfortable glance with Wu, and Zane and Nya stared down at the floor. The middle-aged woman with the funny hat—Matilda Ravencroft, he believed her name was—looked at Wu, her gaze dark.

"Cole— Cole's all right." Nya spoke up when Lloyd didn't respond. "He just... decided to stay on the Bounty."

Cyrus frowned, feeling concerned. "Nothing's wrong, I hope?"

"He— he was wounded during a fight with the werecats." Now Lloyd spoke up, raising his voice. "It's nothing serious, but he needed to rest after visiting our friends in the hospital."

Cyrus held his gaze a moment longer. They're hiding something, he realized with a flicker of unease. I don't think they'd lie, but they're not telling me the full story. As a successful businessman, one of the jobs Cyrus Borg had was to observe his alliances and competition, and to see through shady deals and lies. It was one of the reasons he had come so far in the technology industry. He had been able to stay independent and pick out the honest dealers from the underhanded ones. In order to remain successful, one had to keep their mind sharp, being as shrewd as his business enemies. It was only natural he could sense something iffy about the ninjas' feeble explanation for Cole's absence.

However, Borg knew as well as anyone that the ninja were perfectly capable of taking care of themselves, and for heroes of Ninjago, they were a rather reclusive and private group. There must be reason they weren't sharing everything about Cole's condition with him, and he was willing to accept that. Sometimes, he knew, secrets were necessary for the good of the community. Another fact that one had to remain aware of in the industry.

"Well," he broke the awkward silence, trying to brush away his misgivings. "I'm glad to know it's nothing serious. I assume you've come for Miss Liana Green's uniform?"

They all stared at him blankly. "Liana's uniform...?" Nya repeated.

"Of course! Don't you remember? If she fights alongside you, she really should have the proper clothing and equipment for it. I did tell you I was going to work on it, wasn't I?" Cyrus said.

"I... guess we forgot," Nya mumbled.

"Well, now you remember," Cyrus responded briskly. He wheeled over to the counter behind him and grabbed a package, wrapped in crisp-smelling paper, then going over to where Liana stood. Her gray eyes brightened with interest and her head turned in his direction as he steered his wheelchair to her.

Proudly, Cyrus gave the package to her. "It's the same style as the others', of course: thick yet slim material for resisting cat claws, flat shoulder pads, sleeveless for easy movement, gloves that don't get warm and sweaty on your hands very easily—this suit is custom-made for you, Miss Green." He continued as she began tearing apart the paper. "There are very few buttons and ties for you to worry about, the style is simple and easy to put on, and there's a attachment on the right hip for you to put your nunchucks. Not to mention," he added. "I do believe the color suits you."