Chapter 15 : Bin

Even if Cassandra kept telling Jane that they were not in a bad situation, Jane could see all the bills that were not paid and all the reminders from the bank. She was feeling useless and guilty. She knew Cassandra was working hard for her, but it seemed useless. The bills kept growing contrary to her salary. She had thought all night of a way to help her, and she found something. It wasn't very legal, but it was a good way to have money quickly. She felt more guilty when she saw the massive breakfast that Cassandra had prepared for her.

- "Cass'."

- "Yes?"

- "You don't think it's too much?"

- "You need to eat to have energy for your day! And you lost weight, you need to eat more."

- "I'm not hungry," Jane mumbled.

- "But it's to congratulate you for your driver's license."

- "I don't need an expensive breakfast for congratulations. The plastic card is enough for me."

- "Okay...I just wanna be sure you'll be okay today. I heard you having a nightmare. Is it because of what happened at the swimming pool?"

- "I...I don't wanna talk about it..."

- "Okay. Eat something, please."

Jane sighed. Cassandra put a pancake on her plate and gave her a glass of orange juice. The woman couldn't stop smiling. Jane was running away a lot, so Cassandra was trying to enjoy every moment with her. After the meal, the aunt and the niece left the apartment to continue their day. When Jane arrived outside the school, she went to the back of the building, knowing she would find some clients.

Beverly arrived at school with a light heart. She was still happy for what she did the day before, maybe it would calm Jane down. She walked in direction of Max with a warm smile but lost it when her friend angrily looked at her before slamming her locker and walking away. Bev rolled her eyes and ran behind her to catch her up.

- "You're still mad for yesterday?"

- "Of course I am!"

- "It's ridiculous, I just repaired her phone!" Bev stated.

- "It's already too much! But it's fine, be friend with the enemy! While you're partying with her, remember to ask her why she calls me Dumbo!" Max angrily said.

- "Can you stop!? You don't think it would be better to calm the tensions with her to finish our year with no problem!? She is a teen like you and me! She is just not used to being in a school, that's all!"

- "Yeah, that's all! It totally forgives her for her behavior!"

- "I'm not asking you anything! If you wanna hate her, do it, I don't care! I know she had been awful, and she probably still will be, but it doesn't mean that I have to give her a reason to keep being like that! If we treat her like if she was a monster, she won't even try to change and to be better! Right now, you're the dick!"

Bev hit Max's shoulder with hers and angrily walked away. Max shook her head, not believing that her best friend chose someone like Jane instead of her! Jane this, Jane that, why did Jane have to be in the center of everyone's attention like that!? She saw Gary approaching her. She would have been usually happy to see him, especially because he was hating Jane as much as her, but she wasn't in the mood to talk to him. She told him where to piss off. She went to class and remembered that she was sitting next to Bev. She didn't fade and sat next to her. She didn't look at Bev and deliberately put her earphones with loud music inside to annoy her friend. Beverly rolled her eyes, not believing how immature Max could be for something this ridiculous. At the same moment, Jane entered the class. Max rolled her eyes and loudly sighed while Bev just looked at her. Bev got surprised when Jane made a nod in her direction, like if she was saluting her. Bev smiled and lightly waved in her direction. Max, already done by this, took off one of her earphones and said:

- "Why don't you eat her pussy while you're at it!?"

- "God, Max! What the fuck!?" Bev chuckled. "Do you hear yourself when you talk!?"

- "What about you!? Do you see yourself acting like a starry-eyed girl when she is around!?"

- "You see evil all around!"

- "She broke your skateboard; did you forget about that!?"

- "Of course not! But it won't bring it back if I'm mean with her...I'm already saving to buy another one."

- "She should be the one saving to buy you another one!"

- "Yeah, you're right. But I won't ask her that, I don't wanna die!"

Max playfully shook her head which made chuckle her friend. Bev put her head on Max's shoulder which annoy her. She wanted to be mad at Bev, but she couldn't. She loved too much Bev for hating her.

After the class, the two redheads walked in the halls like if everything was normal. Both forgot about their argument. They were in direction of their next class when they met Jane in the halls. Max tried to ignore her, but the brunette walked between them, hitting Max brutally with her shoulder on purpose.

- "What's your problem!?" Max replied, rubbing her shoulder.

- "Oh, I'm sorry, did I hurt you, Dumbo!?" Jane answered with a fake sorry tone.

- "Stop calling me Dumbo!"

- "Oh, I see! The animal is hungry. Time to feed it, then!"

Max barely had the time to frown that Jane was already holding her by her shoulders. The brunette raised the redhead before sinking her in the bin next to the lockers. Max struggled in the bin, trying to get out of it while the others were laughing and pointing at her.

- "Jane! Get her out of it!" Bev intervened.

- "No. She lies. Liars are garbage. She is at the right place."

- "What are you talking about?"

- "She knows. Bye Hills."

Jane was about to walk away, but before it, she grabbed the soda can of a teen and emptied it on Max's head. Bev hit Jane's hand to force her to stop. Jane waggled her eyebrows before continuing her way.

- "You really think she calmed down!?" Max replied, struggling in the bin.

Bev didn't answer. She didn't know what to think anymore. She helped Max to get out of the bin before following her to the bathroom. Max wasn't completely mad at Jane because it was her own fault. But still, Jane was an idiot who was going too far. The redhead wasn't understanding why she was unable to fight back.