Chapter 22 : Magic trick

When Cassandra went back home, the place was quiet. She had spent a good part of the night and the morning working, and now she was exhausted, dreaming of her own bed. She walked on tip toe to her bedroom and threw her stuff on it before checking the two girls. She slowly opened the bedroom door and slid her head to have a better view. The two girls were still asleep in the same bed, which made smile the aunt, but Jane seemed agitated. Cassandra knew she was having a nightmare. The woman entered the room, avoided the mess on the floor, and stopped next to the bed. She leaned above Beverly and placed her hand on the brunette's cheek to caress it. She murmured some "ssh" to calm her. Jane first stop moving before slowly opening her eyes. She started and looked around, without realizing she hit Bev's ribs. The redhead started too and mumbled:

- "What's happening?"

- "Nothing sweetheart, don't worry," Cassandra reassured.

Bev rubbed her eyes before looking at Jane. The brunette was breathing heavily and sweating a lot. She understood she had a nightmare.

- "What time is it?" Jane asked.

- "Almost ten," her aunt answered.

- "Okay..."

- "Are you okay?"

- "Yeah, yeah...Go to bed, you look tired."

- "I wanted to be sure you were both okay."

- "We're good. We fell asleep a bit late, that's all."

- "It's fine, it's fine. Don't worry for that. Well, if you don't mind, I'll take my turn for the sleep."

- "Sure. Go take some rest. We won't make noise."

Cassandra warmly smiled to Jane before leaning to kiss her cheek. Jane rolled her eyes which amused the redhead next to her. The aunt waved to them and closed the door behind her.

- "I like your aunt."

- "It's because she is not always kissing you!"

- "She loves you! I think it's cute," Bev smiled. "Did you have a nightmare."

Jane clenched her jaw, which sounded as a yes for the redhead. The brunette loudly sighed with her mouth to evacuate the pressure and collapsed on the bed, placing her Teddy bear on her head. Beverly thought it was her turn to clear her head. She grabbed her phone, connected her earphones on it, searched for a cute video, and placed an earphone in her right ear and in Jane's left ear. The brunette lightly started as her eyes were closed, but she understood quickly what Bev was doing. The redhead put her head on Jane's shoulder and placed her hand on Jane's chest to see the video. She felt Jane's breathing calming as the video was going by. At the end of the video, Bev looked at Jane who was looking at her ceiling.

- "Thank you," Jane said.

- "I owed you that."

- "You don't owe me anything."

- "I owe you so much, you have no idea."

- "I'm not waiting anything from you, I want you to know."

- "I know."

Jane nodded.

- "So, um, you wanna do something? I mean...I don't know how to do that..."

- "Do what?" Bev asked.

- "I've never had a guest before."

- "Really? Not even the girl who came in music class with her?"

- "Mallory? No...not really"

- "Why?"

- "Because there is nothing to do here," Jane confessed. "It's boring to stay here. All we can do is watch a movie, but we don't really have lots of DVDs, so we always watch the same movies...boring."