Chapter 74 : A nice comeback

Jane had spent the next days between her home and the hospital for her therapy. Having a cat at home was helping her to not be in the doldrums. She found some motivations to learn the lessons that Bev brought her and to do her homework. Her psychologist advised her to go back to class, at least for the half of a week. It made Jane stress, but the brunette thought she could make it. She really wanted to have a normal life.

She was so excited that she barely slept. It was funny to think that a year ago she would have broken the walls because of it. She took her time to get ready, wanting to look confident. She got out of her bathroom and took a deep breath.

- "I don't know if I'll make it," Jane said.

- "Of course, you will. Beverly will be here with you, same for Max and your other friends. And Joyce too. You will see her every time you have a break, right? For your pills."

- "Yes, yes. I will. Okay, I can do it, I can do it, I can do it."

- "You can do it."

- "But Cat will be alone! Maybe I should stay with him, he is too young to stay alone."

- "Mary is not working today. She will come here to see how he is," Cassandra said.

The woman grabbed her niece's hands and warmly smiled to her before saying:

- "I'm proud of you, Jane."

- "Thank you."

Cassandra kissed her niece's cheek. Now that they were both ready, they left the apartment and went in direction of the high school. She was wondering if she was really belonging to this world. Maybe the world was trying to make her understand that it wasn't her place. No, no, she couldn't think like that. Her psychologist told her it was normal to be scared of change. She was worried because it was different from who she used to be. But it didn't mean it was a bad thing, right? She closed her eyes and focused on her breath to calm down. It was just a day. There was no reason to stress.

- "We're here," Cassandra softly said.

Jane quickly opened her eyes and began to stress when she saw all the teens.

- "I'm scared," she said.

- "I know. If you don't feel okay to go, I can take you back home, and we can try another day."

- "No, no. I'm okay. I can do it. Um...do you mind waiting for Bev with me?"

- "Of course not," Cassandra smiled.

Jane weakly smiled and nodded. Cassandra put the music on, wanting Jane to empty her mind, but the brunette couldn't stop stressing. It wasn't a bad stress, she was a little bit excited to come back here, even if last time she went to high school, people accused her of sexual abuses. But it would be fine this time. Jane saw Bev outside the building and decided it was the moment. She kissed her aunt's cheek before going out of the vehicle.

- "I love you!" Cassandra said through her window.

- "I love you too," Jane answered.

The brunette waved to her aunt and continued her way. She tried to look confident, but her legs were shaking at every step. She began to breath correctly when she arrived near Bev.

- "Hey," she shyly said.

- "Hey, Jane!" Bev happily answered. "I was so happy when you told me you were coming back!"

- "Yeah, I'm glad you accepted to wait for me."

- "You don't need to thank me; I owe you that."

- "Stop saying that, you don't owe me anything!"

- "Jane, you—"

- "Saved your life, I know. But you kinda save mine by being my friend."