Chapter 46 : One last time

The next weeks were magical for Jane and Max. They both realized that some feelings were growing inside them, explaining why they wanted to spend their days together. Max didn't want their relationship to be based on sex, so she invited her to do some karting. It was the first time Jane had ridden a kart. She had been very bad at it, but Max laughed the entire moment which was enough to satisfy the brunette. In fact, Max took Jane a bit everywhere. She wanted to have as much fun as possible before Gary's return. It wasn't like if they wouldn't see each other after that, but it would be different. Max would have that frustration inside her. But the fact that Jane was interested only by sex was making things easier. She knew it was Gary and no one else.

Today was their last day together. They went to the park before eating hot-dogs next to the lake. They were in direction of Max's home when Jane told her to go without her and that she would join her later. Max didn't understand but obeyed. She wished Jane wasn't running away. She wanted to finish those weeks correctly. She arrived in her apartment and began to pace. What she was feeling right now for Jane wasn't normal. She knew it was not reciprocal, she needed to find a way to not feel that again. It would probably pass. She had already had crushes on many people, and it didn't end in a serious relationship. And being her friend was already a miracle. She got cut in her thoughts by someone knocking at the door. She opened the door and was surprised to see Jane holding a pet box with other stuff behind her.

- "What is it?" Max frowned.

- "A rabbit!" Jane happily answered, raising the pet box to show the animal to the redhead.

Max wide opened her eyes and placed her hand on her mouth to hide the inside. She was feeling like a child right now. She had always dreamt to have a rabbit with her, but because of Neil or Billy, she never dared asking for one, too scared to find it dead the next morning. Max moved aside to let Jane entered. The redhead took the animal in her arms while Jane was putting all the stuff inside the apartment.

- "Do you like it?" Jane asked.

- "Jane, I don't know how to thank you! This is too much!"

- "No, it's not that much. It's a present for your new apartment."

- "You still feel bad for not participating for the drums?"

- "...Yes."

- "You installed it; it was the worse part!" Max stated with an amused tone.

- "I know, but I wanted a little bit of me here, I guess."

- "Oh, Jane. With what we have been doing those last weeks, there is a bit of you everywhere!"

Jane smirked and nodded which made chuckle the redhead. The two friends prepared the huge cage that Jane chose to get the bunny used to its new home. Jane and Max stayed a moment standing, looking at the rabbit, until Max decided to say:

- "Let's do it one last time."

Jane looked at her and nodded. Max wrapped her arms around Jane's neck and put her forehead against Jane's. The brunette slid her hands in Max's back, lightly caressing it, giving goosebumps to the other girl. The redhead leaned and placed her lips on Jane's for a soft and passionate kiss. Jane scratched Max's back to go to her butt and finishing on her tights before raising her legs around her waist and carrying her to the bed. It was slow and passionate. Their butterflies were travelling their entire bodies, intensifying the movements, and increasing the sensations.

After that long and intense last lovemaking, the two girls were laying down in bed, both on their sides to look at each other. Max was gently caressing Jane's cheek.

- "We agree it was just for sex, right?" Max asked.

- "Yeah, sure," Jane nodded, feeling a pinch in her heart.

- "It was great."

- "Yeah, it was."

- "I won't tell Gary it was you."

- "Why?" she frowned. "I thought it was to make him jealous."

- "Yes, you're right. But he doesn't need to know who it was. It will frustrate him more. Maybe being in an open relationship is not that bad."

- "Really?"

- "I don't know...I guess I can't be someone's only one."

- "Yes, you can. But maybe Gary is not the right one."

- "Maybe..."

Max began to caress Jane's lips and realized it was becoming harder to let her go. Jane, feeling the frustration growing, preferred stopping everything before it was too complicated. She got out of the bed and put her clothes on. Max decided to do the same thing. Those last weeks would always resonate in her mind. The Jane she had right now was definitely not the same Jane who was mocking her and being angry at everyone. Jane gathered her things in her bag before going to the door. The two girls stared at each other, both feeling their hearts breaking. Jane leaned and kissed Max's cheek before walking away. The redhead closed the door and struggled to not burst into tears. It was stupid, it wasn't like if she was leaving the country to go to the front. She would see her the next days like before, and everything would be normal again. But she was feeling sick, like if her body was telling her it was the wrong decision. But being with Gary was easier than being with Jane. Just because Jane was fine right now didn't mean she would be fine the next weeks and months.

The girl went to her bedroom and raised her pillow to grab one of Jane's tee-shirts that she hid there. She hugged it like a cuddly toy and smelled it. Even if Jane's perfume was awful, she was already missing it. And she was already missing her.