Chapter 58 : Shit

Jane remained prostrated in her apartment for two entire days. She couldn't believe what Alexandra told everyone. If this story would go farther, she would have serious trouble. She was sure Joyce told Cassandra about her wounds because her aunt kept asking her questions about that with a worried tone. Well, looking like a punching-ball wasn't helping either.

She decided to go back to school with a knot in her stomach. She put her earphones in her ears and her hood in her head and tried to look as confident as possible. But when she put her first foot inside the building, all her confidence disappeared immediately. This time, people were not murmuring. They were coming to her face to insult her and mock her. She began to go faster to reach her locker. But when she arrived in front of it, she had the bad surprise to see a huge tag saying "rapist". The other teens around were laughing and pointing at her. She knew it was a bad idea to come back. She was screwed right now.

- "Do you like it?" Alban smirked. "We let a present for you inside."

Jane didn't need to open her locker; she recognized the smell. They put some shit inside her locker. As she wasn't opening it, Alban decided to do for her. He grabbed a plastic bag full of shit and threw it at her. Jane used her arms to protect her face and crouched, but some drops of poop finished on her.

- "Other girls complained about your shitty behavior. They said you were acting weirdly around them. They said they were scared of you and what you could have done if you were alone with them," the blonde teen angrily said.

- "I-I didn't do anything," Jane stuttered.

- "You lie. Nobody believes you. You're a piece of shit."

Alban spat on her while the other teens began to yell at her to leave the place. The brunette stood and went to the girls bathroom. When she entered, a group of three girls were there. They all screamed before leaving the room. She checked the toilets before trying to clean the shit from her clothes, some tears falling from her eyes. She heard the door opening and tried to wipe her tears as quick as possible. When she turned her head, she saw Bev standing there with a sad expression. The redhead quickly approached her friend to hug her, but the brunette rejected her.

- "No, don't touch me! They're gonna think I'm hurting you too..." Jane sniffed.

- "I don't care what they think about me."

- "I do! I...I don't know what I did to be in a situation like that, but you don't have to suffer it too...I can go down alone."

- "I won't let you alone in this. I know you didn't do anything to those girls. You're not like that."

- "Maybe...maybe they learnt about Derek! It was stupid! I'm stupid!" Jane got upset.

- "...It was you!? You did that to Derek!?"

- "Yes! Yes, I did! You have no idea how it is to see a rapist living his life while his victims are still suffering of the pain he caused!"

Bev didn't know if she was still talking about Derek or not. She was sure it was not Derek the problem.

- "Maybe I should have let him rape Max! He would have finished in jail and I wouldn't be called...names like that! I'm not...I'm not a rapist..." Jane said with more tears in her eyes.

- "I know, Jane. I know. We'll get you out of this situation," Bev softly said.

- "I deserve it...For all the bad things I did...It's my punishment."

Bev was about to comfort Jane the best she could when someone else entered the girls bathroom. It was Alexandra. Jane felt the anger growing.

- "You shouldn't stay here. I could rape you!" Jane said.