Chapter 87 : A last dance

The graduation day was beginning. Jane was stressing a lot. She had worked a lot with Max and Bev those last weeks to do her best for the exams. Even if she knew she was overwhelmed with school, she didn't want to do another year in high school. She wanted to have her own life without lessons to learn every day. Without mathematics. She wanted to find a job to help her aunt with the bills and, why not, having her own apartment too. She was wearing the graduation day outfit and waiting with the others. All her family was there. She didn't want to disappoint them. Even Mallory, Melissa, and Medhi were here for her. It was important for everyone. When the headmaster finished his speech, Jane felt her heart racing. What if she was the only one not called? What if only her failed. She wouldn't support this humiliation, especially after all the work she did. It would be too hard. She would hide for the rest of her life to be forgotten by the world. Max would break-up with her because she was too stupid to graduate. Bev would stop seeing her too, not wanting to be seen with the idiot of the school. Her aunt and her sister would reject her like the piece of shit she was.

- "BROWN!"

Jane struggled to understand it was her. It was only when Max pushed her that she understood. When she took the piece of paper in her hands, she looked at her aunt who was crying of happiness. Jane widely smiled, not believing she did it. Once everyone with their diplomas in their hands, the teens joined their family to celebrate with them. Jane ran to her aunt and jumped in her arms.

- "Are you proud?" Jane asked.

- "Jane, I've always been proud of you," Cassandra answered. "And I'm happy you don't repeat your year, you wouldn't have survived!"

Jane chuckled before breaking the hug with her aunt to hug her sister. Clarissa and Max joined them to congratulate the brunette, same for Bev with her family. All the friends reunited to celebrate their success, happy to be able to discover a new life after the Summer break. But, for now, they had a last dance to enjoy.

Jane had been in the bathroom for almost an hour. She wanted to look good for the dance, because Max would be sublime, as usual. She was checking her hair when someone knocked at the door.

- "Jane? You're gonna be late!" Cassandra said.

Jane looked at her phone and realized she was right. She took a deep breath before getting out of the room.

- "I guess I'm ready," she said.

- "You look gorgeous," Cassandra smiled.

- "Yeah, you're not too bad," Constance added.

The aunt gently tapped the blonde woman who chuckled. Cassandra held out the keys of the car to her niece and kissed her cheek before saying:

- "Have fun."

- "Thanks. See you."

Jane left by the garden and went to her car. On her way to Max's place, she was trying to imagine how the night would occur. But she knew it would never happen exactly like in her mind. It didn't mean it wouldn't be great. After a few minutes of ride, she finally arrived. She parked and got out of the car to join her girlfriend.

- "You're beautiful, as always," Jane smiled.

- "You're not bad looking either," Max blushed. "I love that shirt."

- "Good, because it's my only shirt!"

Max chuckled before leaning to kiss her girlfriend. The two girls went in the car and drove away in direction of the school, loud music playing. When they arrived, Bev was waiting outside with Will. As Bev and Will had no one to go the dance, they decided to go together as friends. When Max and Jane joined them, Beverly wrapped her arms around them.

- "You don't play tonight?" Bev asked.

- "Oh no, one time was enough! And how am I supposed to dance with Max if I'm on the scene?" Jane stated.

- "Good point! Let's go, the others are already inside."

Max grabbed Jane's hand and followed her friends inside. The others were at the buffet, filling their plates. They saluted them and took something to drink before going on the field to dance. Jane was glad to be able to enjoy this dance without the stress of the exams or another year at school. Now, she could enjoy every second with her girlfriend before she left for Los Angeles. Because, yes, she got accepted in Los Angeles college to learn how to be Chef. Max was excited and stressed at the same time. She was going back to California and couldn't wait to go to the beach again. But she was scared it wouldn't be as great as she was expecting. She hoped Jane would visit her sometimes. She wanted to show her the town.

The night was almost over when a slow-dance song began. Jane stood from her chair and held out her hand to Max who accepted it with a blush. They went in the middle of the field, Jane placing her hands on Max's waist, and Max placing hers around Jane's neck. The two girls danced together like if there was no one else around. It was just them, their bodies making one, the music travelling them. Nothing else mattered for them.

- "Jane."

- "Yes?"

- "I...I love you."

Jane wasn't expecting that. It was better than she thought. She became red and had a stupid smile on her face which relaxed Max who was scared to make her run away.

- "I love you too," Jane answered.

Max widely smiled and leaned to Jane to kiss her. The two girls finished the night together like that, kissing each other and dancing alone in the middle of the field. They enjoyed as much as possible this night, knowing everything would be different next year.

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hi! So, this is the end! I wanted to try a story where I keep all my ideas, explaining this mess :p

So, I'm gonna take a break now, I feel like I'm going round in circles with my plots. I don't know for how long, maybe a few days, maybe a few weeks, or maybe a few months! I'll probably post some one-shots sometimes. But maybe I'll change my mind too and post a new story soon, but it's not planned for now. I have lots of ideas as usual, some are a little bit different from what I usually write.

If you don't mind, I'll ask you some questions (you have no obligation to answer them, it's for my ego only :p):

- What kind of story would you like to read? (plot, characters, environment, subjects...)

- Do you have a favorite plot? Or a plot you hate reading?

- In my OCs, do you have a favorite one (or more)? Or one you hate (or more)? And why? (All stories taken together)

- Is there a sequel you want to read? (Or a prequel? Why not) (It works for all my stories ;))

As I said, you don't have to answer me, I'm just very curious to have your opinions ;) This is not an exam, do what you want :p

Well, I think that's all!

Thank you for reading my story, I hope you liked it :D

See you in another book ;)