Chapter 26 : Some pills

Jane hadn't slept of the night. Even if she tried to block her flashbacks, she had a violent nightmare which kept her awake the entire night. As Mallory was working, she didn't have someone to reassure her. She tried to calm down by watching the TV, but there was nothing interesting on it, and she couldn't stop thinking of that nightmare. As the night seemed endless, Jane decided to walk a moment. She put her blue jeans with holes, a grey hoodie, a jean jacket with no sleeves, and left the apartment with her backpack. Jane wandered in the streets of the town, a cigarette between her lips, and saw a few people over there; some teens coming back home after a long party, people leaving their works, or just people walking aimlessly like her.

She went to the squat, but her friends were not here as they got arrested. There were hobos instead, and she didn't really want to stay with them. She stopped in a park and laid down on the grass. She was trying to relax and to forget all her problems when she received a message on her phone. She frowned, wondering who could send her a message at 4am. It was an unknown number telling her that they were in a motel on the road 45, in the room 11, waiting for some pleasure. Jane was sure to know who it was. She asked them to prepare the bills while she was coming.

After thirty minutes of ride and a Droplix (a medicament which was sexually stimulating the person swallowing it), she finally arrived at the motel, the Crescent Moon. The place seemed deserted. The neon light was flickering, and the parking lot was just dirt. There were three cars. A woman was at the reception, reading a book. Jane didn't go to her and directly went to the room 11. She lightly knocked and heard a woman telling her to enter. When she opened the door, she wasn't surprised to see Melanie in underwear, waiting for her in the bed.

- "Hi, Jane," the woman smiled. "There is a fire you need to extinguish."

- "I can see the smoke going out of your pussy!" Jane said with a smirk.

- "Don't make me wait more then."

Jane locked the door, took off her shoes, and went in the bed. She noticed the bills on the nightstand and knew she had nothing to worry about, this woman was ready to pay anything to have one night with her. But Melanie didn't seem to want only sex. The woman had prepared some lines of coke and two glasses of Whiskey. Jane sniffed some lines, swallowed some pills, and drank some glasses before beginning what she was here for. Jane sat astride on the woman who already had her hands on Jane's body to caress it. The brunette could feel the Droplix working, simplifying the situation.

After an hour of savage sex, Jane took the opportunity to be in a motel to take a shower. It was easy money. The woman was more than satisfied, and Jane was paid for this. She needed to find a way to find more clients ready to pay a lot. She put her clothes on and went back to the living-room where Melanie was laying in the bed, sweating, a glass of Whiskey in her hand.

- "Are you leaving?" the woman asked.

- "I've school soon. And it's kinda far from here."

- "I see you soon, right?"

- "You have my number."

Jane walked to the nightstand to count the bills. 300 dollars. It was more than she expected. But she was sure she could have even more from her. But not today. She put the bills in her pocket and left the motel.

The night had been short for Max too. The girl was working in a coffee shop right now, allowing her to search for an apartment. This morning, she woke up early to visit one. She loved it. It was equidistant between her workplace and the school. She was crossing her fingers to have it. At least there was one positive thing. Her mother told her that her cousin got arrested and would probably go in jail. The redhead couldn't believe it. She wasn't really surprised, but her cousin was the only family member she was liking. They had plans together, like living in the same apartment. But Max would be alone in hers. Well, Gary was welcomed, and she wouldn't have to worry about being interrupted. But she was mad. Her cousin had never listened to her. She wouldn't go in jail if she followed her advice. Clarissa, her cousin, was far from being stupid, she had lots of qualities, she could have found a real job if she wasn't so stubborn. She was so deep in her thoughts that she didn't notice the person in front of her in the halls of her school. She was going to apologize, but she felt the anger growing when she recognized Jane.