40. Emotional Confessions

~ Jase Charlton ~

~ Jase Charlton ~

Sirens were wailing in my head, screaming in time to the heated explosions going off all over my body

Any logic, any rational thought that managed to survive the sound of her voice was dead now, succumbed to the pure, magnificent angel that she is.

She's an angel. Next to her, I'd be lucky to be a snail.

I'm not worthy of her. I'm not stupid.

But her actions proved she thought otherwise.

Pure delight shot through me the moment her lips made contact with mine, knowing her doubts have at last washed away and she had chosen me, my undying love for her, rather than merely my friendship.

Which is a good thing for me. I don't know how long I would have lasted in the friend zone.

Her lips were soft, gentle, completely different from what I remember of them. Then again, that was five years ago. That was her first kiss. My one remaining brain cell reminded me that she hasn't really kissed anyone since, unless you count stage kisses.

It was better than what my memories had been replaying over and over in my head for the past week.

I kissed her back eagerly. She let out a small sigh, winding her arms over my shoulders and around my neck, fingers tangling in my hair as she brought me closer - if that was even possible. I brought my hand around to her back, pulling her closer still, molding her body to mine.

A strangled - and slightly embarrassing - groan erupted from the back of my throat. I felt it when she smiled in response, a gentle uplifting of her lips as the kiss deepened. She relaxed into me.

My thoughts flew on repeat, racing around in my head. This was nothing like the kiss we'd shared five years ago. That one had been tainted with sorrow, grief, and the simple escape a kiss could provide.

But this one...

It spoke of so many unspoken desires, passionate words we haven't dared to speak, yet I could hear them clearly as they echoed around in my mind, begging to be let out.