09. The Mirror

Song: The Mirror (Angel of Music) from the musical The Phantom of the Opera.

 ~ Kriss Darcy ~

~ Kriss Darcy ~

This was by far the most awkward situation I've ever been in

Not only was I attempting to give Jase a tour of the manor, but we appeared to be having difficulty speaking to one another, yet we kept catching one another's eye. To top it off, Megan, Jamie, and Sophie decided to tag along, which just make the entire situation even more tense as we all trekked down the hall in awkward silence.

I had no idea where I was going. I was heading through the gallery, and had slowed my pace so we could all take the time to appreciate the theater posters on the walls, as well as the shrine to my father. At least, that's what I told myself. In reality, I was stalling so I could make a decision. Should I turn left or right? Drawing room or library? Billiard room or the piano-less music room? Or continue straight, to the Great Hall? We were eventually going to explore the entire house, but right now it was hard keeping track of my continuously scattering thoughts.

Megan was walking right next to me, offering her silent support, but I knew she had really come along just to make fun of me when the time came. Slowly, I moved closer to her.

"Where should I go first?" I whispered.

She raised her eyebrows. "I don't know. It's your tour."

"It was your idea!"

She rolled her eyes. "Honestly, Kriss, just follow your instincts."

I looked at her then with slight panic. "My instincts are going haywire at the moment. They are currently out of commission."

"What are you, a robot? Who says out of commission in casual conversation?"

"My instincts do."

"Kriss, watch - "

Smack.

The breath was nearly knocked out of my body as I walked headfirst into a wall.