Chapter 017.5

Y/N's POV

~*~

September had already flown into October.  The faint breeze that was once there had gotten stronger as they days moved forward.  The crunching of fall leaves underneath my foot reached my ears.  My hand moved to Levi's, my other hiding away in the pocket of the sweatshirt he had given me.

There was a silence between us, but it wasn't awkward.  More peaceful than anything.  Until it was broken by his soft, deep voice.

"I still can't believe you brought the sweatshirt."

"I still can't believe you gave it to me."

"I still can't believe you wore it."

I didn't have a good comeback, only a small sigh as I shook my head.

"You're terrible, Levi."

"I know."

"Stop saying 'I know', you're supposed to deny it so that I can show you up."

I let out a small chuckle, gripping Levi's hand tighter.

"Has Petra called you, or texted you?"

"Nope."

"Have you even checked?"

"I have.  She blocked me."

"That poor girl."

"Don't say that.  We would've still been at her house if you hadn't forced me to tell her."

"It was the right thing to do."

"Then why do you regret it?"

I stayed silent.  I didn't have a good answer.  Instead, I thought about it.  If it was the right thing to do, why am I still lingering on it.

"Where do you want to go to get coffee?"

"I don't drink coffee."

"Sorry, tea, I mean."

"I don't care, you choose."

I roll my eyes and continue walking down the leaf covered side walk.  I have no idea why, but I've been really pissed at Levi for the past five days.  Ever since we came down to Trost, I've been so irritated.

"Just pick a place, Levi."

"What's up with you?"

"Nothing that concerns you."

"It sure does concern me if you're taking it out on me."

"I'm not taking anything out on you!"

"You sure, your voice is starting to turn to a yell."

"Just shut up."

I let go of his hand and set it in my pocket with my other hand.  I felt his eyes on me, but I ignored it.  A part of me wanted to leave.  He sighs and I see him shaking his head from the corner of my eye.

"What is it, Y/N?"

"I told you, it doesn't concern you."

"Then who does it concern?"

"Not you."

"If you talk about it, it'll help."

"Like shit."

"Just tell me."

"Stop pushing it."

He grabs my arm as pulls me to a bench, forcing me to sit down as he towers over me.

"What is it?"

I couldn't defy anymore.  I hate it when he looks at me like that.

"I'm just stressed, that's all."

"What else?"

"..."

"Are you jealous?"

"Huh?!"

"Sorry, were you jealous?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Me and Petra. Were you jealous?"

"..."

"Why?"

"Because you can't just kiss someone and give them false hope, Levi. That's cruel."

"So you're saying you like me?"

I stayed silent. I didn't wanna speak anymore.

"If I did and I asked you out right now, you'd say yes."

"Says who?"

"Says the first day we came here. 'I want you to help me'."

I waited for his response, but he only looked at me, as if he was trying to scare me.

"Cats got your tongue, Levi?"

"Tch."

"So, Levi, will you go out with me?"

"...I'll think about it..."

With that, he continued walking, leaving me at the bench to get up and catch up to him.

~*~

"Levi, you still haven't answered the question!!"

I say as we sit on stools at a bar-like cafe.

"I know."

"When will you say yes."

"When I find out you're the person I think you are."

"Fair enough. Fine, I take it back. You ask me out when you think I'm the person you think I am."

"You have a deal."

I stretch my hand out and he shakes it. I cant help but smile. I know I only just met him, but a part of me is excited to have him as mine.

"Y/N, look."

I look to where Levi's eyes were pointing. I see a woman who looked way too familiar. My eyes open wide, my breath catching in my throat. It was as if time had stopped, the world going blurry.

The eyes of the women interlocked with mine as we both stared at each other.

She noticed as well.

And she ran.

And me and Levi ran after her.

I finally found her.

~*~