Chapter 021

Y/N's POV

~*~

I wake up the next morning to my alarm, the beeping irritating me greatly.  I roll over and tap the 'stop' button on my phone, throwing my legs over my bed lazily and grabbing my phone.  I went through my daily routine.  I walk down the steps of my sweet home and see my dad in the kitchen, staring in the fridge.

"What's wrong?"

"I was hoping you left at least a wine bottle in here.  Pity your dad a bit."

"It's punishment, plus, it isn't good to have alcohol while you have cancer."

"Yeah, yeah, no need to remind me I have cancer."

"You should be at the hospital right now!!  Do you need me to ask Levi to drive you?"

"Levi?  Who the hell is Levi?"

"My friend...the one who visited when you were on your riots."

"Tsk, I don't like that kid."

"Why?!"

"He's rude!"

I couldn't help but smile.  I was bonding with my dad.

I was actually having a casual conversation with him.

"I've got a drivers license, I can drive myself."

"Your car is old and rusty, just like you."

He swiftly turned around and raised his hand.  Instinctively, I flinch and pull my hands up to protect my face.  I see him lower it slowly.

"Sorry, I need to work on that."

"I guess I took the joke too far..."

I say, still a bit shaken up.  I check the time and sigh.

"I should get ready for school."

"Need me to fix you lunch?"

"I would appreciate it."

"Also, Y/N, before you go, why don't you wear something not so baggy."

"Why?!"

"You look better with something a bit tighter."

I was uncomfortable with the comment, and I made it know that I was.

"I didn't mean to sound perverted, or anything, but, speaking as your father, you look better without such baggy clothes.  By tight, I mean something that's your siz-"

"I get what you're trying to say, don't worry."

I giggle and head upstairs, going into my bathroom and stripping myself of my pajamas.

After I had showered, I go into my closet and look around.

Something that's your size.

I grab an orange-ish button up shirt and my black trench coat, grabbing some black jeans that made my curves pop and put them on.  I step in front of my mirror and look at my body.  It was out of my comfort zone, but I cant lie, I would date me.

That's the first time I've ever felt that way.  I smile and brush my hair(again, sorry if you don't have any), grabbing my shoes and walking downstairs, grabbing my bag and swinging it over my shoulder.

"U-uh...have a good day at school?"

"Yeah, have a good day at work."

I smile at my dad and set foot outside.  For some reason, I had thought it was summer.  When the cool breeze hit me, I felt a shiver run up my spine.  That didn't stop me from trying to have a good day.

Because so far, my day was pretty good.

~*~

"I see that Y/N and Levi have decided to come to school."

Eyebrow's snarky remark made me lower my head a bit.

"Vacation."

"During the middle of school?  You two missed a lot, so while the rest of the class paints, you'll be assigned to reorganize and clean up this art room.  And just to save you guys some brain cells, I minus well tell you that you have a study session after school to catch up with all your work.  The teachers and I have discussed it.  You will also be assigned to help the janitors clean the school.  Got it?"

Such harsh punishments.

Levi probably didn't mind the cleaning part, he was a clean freak after all.  I move to the back of the room and pick up the broom, getting started on cleaning.

The broom is harshly taken from me, causing me to snap my head to the source.

"You do the organizing, I'll do the cleaning."

I grunt in agreement at Levis suggestion and leave him to the cleaning, grabbing the paints as setting them neatly in the row, color coordinating everything.

"I heard Levi got shot in the chest..."

I turn my head slightly to the gossip and gasp a bit.  Who was saying such things?  I'm guessing Levi heard it as well, since he rolled his eyes and let out an irritable 'Tch'.

I move closer to him and give him a worried glance.  He only looks at me and shakes his head, turning his back to me and continuing his duties.

~*~(sorry for all the time skips, they'll be popping up a lot more)

It's about lunch time.  I sit down at my usual spot, sitting in between Levi and Eren, who seemed to have made up. 

"Guess what!!!"

"What is it now, Eren?" Levi says, sounding a bit annoyed.

"I got into the photography contest!!  Can you believe it?!"

"That's amazing!!  We have to celebrate!!  I told you you'd get in!!"

I give my best friend a huge hug, pride filling me from head to toe.  Even Levi seemed happy for him.

"Brat, where would we even celebrate?"

"My house!!"

"Y/N, your dad.."

"That's right, I need to tell you guys something.  Yesterday at dinner, me and my dad talked."

"About?"  They both say, seeming to lean in closer.

"Well, it was a long talk.  He knew about Trost, and mom, and then he told me some news.  Some pretty bad news.  He's bi-polar, depressed, and has ADHD.  To top it all off, he has cancer.  Good news, he's trying to change and become better."

"That's great!!  Besides the cancer part, that isn't great..."

"And you told us this for what?"

"To let you know, and I have a huge favor to ask of you.  We made a deal.  I would help pay for his hospital bills and help him change while he just changes.  My job isn't enough to pay for it, so, the question I'd never thought I ask, will you help me pay for his hospital bills and therapy?"

The two went silent, Levi the first to speak.

"Sure, but you owe me something in return."

"I'll do anything!!"

Levi and Eren exchange looks and look back at me.

"Be my lover."

~*~

I can already see this book going over 30 chapters which was not my plan.  Please bare with me, I'm trying to make it more interesting.  Also, if my grammar is bad, I'm really sorry, it's almost 11:00 PM for me.