Chapter 024.5

Y/N's POV

~*~

I find myself back in my room.  The quiet atmosphere drifted in the air as a silent ringing echoed in my ears.

I knew it was coming.

Death was awaiting Levi.

Wether that be today or tomorrow.

Or maybe in a hundred years.

"One month."

It was only one month.  I barely even known him.  If it were to go on longer, we wouldn't be together, would we?  One month.

I tried to trick my mind that I wasn't sad.  I tried to trick my mind that I was happy.  I wasn't.  Not at all.  I was scared.

How was it one month?

Why couldn't it be more.  I want more time.

I need more time.

I haven't asked him the questions I've always wanted to know.  I haven't taken him to a place where he always wanted to go.

Hell, I haven't even gotten to know him.

Have I even asked how his day was?

I always understood what it felt like to have guilt when it's too late.

Too late to turn things around.

It lingers in your head.  You play it over and over again.

What could I have done to fix it?

What could I have done to change it?

I bring my knees to my chest and bury my head in them.  The soft scent that stained Levi's sweatshirt was slowly fainting.  The faint smell of cologne and a bit of paint.  I wasn't even sure if he wore cologne, but I could care less.

I found comfort to the sweatshirt.  It was like Levi was holding me whenever I wore it.

Just like last night, the flashing lights of red, blue, and white sprinkled against my window, except, it was far off somewhere.

I quickly get up, taking my phone and running downstairs, almost falling on my way down.  I take my shoes and set them on my feet, running out of the house and down the block.

Something told me it was him.

I knew it was him.

My lungs burned, sprinting down the street.  I could  see the racing cop cars speed past me.

I finally get to the home that was surrounded by cops and fire fighters.

I look up at the window to see Levi pushed against it, a gun pointed to his head.  The curtains closed.  I felt tears run down my face.  I acted without thinking.

I push past the cops and run into the house, the pounding of blood in my ears drowning out the sound of their shouting.  I make my way upstairs and bust into his room.

"Please!  Don't shoot him!!"

"Tsk, Levi, you little snitch.  Isn't this one of your friends?"

Kenny shakes his head and turns around.  The sight was unbearable.

Levi had already been shot.

~*~