Chapter 023

Levi's POV

~*~

When was the last time I slept in my own bed?

The feeling of the soft, white covers enclosed around me, as my now clean body rested against the white pillows of the bed. If I thought I couldn't get Y/N out of my mind before;

Than now is a whole new level.

Ever since I had asked them out-

No,

Ever since I had seen those eyes, I couldn't stop thinking about them. Even though it was late, I wasn't tired. I hadn't taken any medication for sleep, since I have insomnia, but I wasn't too pressured to take it right now. I was in the mood to paint. I wanted to paint Y/N's eyes again.

I paint them a lot recently.

What can I say?

Their eyes are my canvas.

I roll out of bed and walk downstairs, going into my art room and turning on the light. I had to clean the hole house yesterday, due to the fact that I wasn't home for almost a week and dust had collected everywhere. I move aside some paintings and sit down on the stool, tying my apron around my waist and grabbing my paints. I stared at the blank canvas for a while. I wasn't thinking about where to put it, how it would look, or what colors I wanted to use.

I was thinking about today.

Everything that had happened.

I was thinking about the look on Y/N's face.

When I asked them out.

And when I took their virginity.

I then was reminded of the conversation I had at the park with Eren.

"I've never seen Y/N smile so much. Especially in the atmosphere they're in sometimes."

I lower the pallet and sigh. Though, I wasn't stressed. I was experiencing nostalgia. I felt the corners of my mouth twitch into a smile. Now that I think about it, the whole day today, all I could hear from Y/N was their laugh.

Their beautiful laugh that always gave me butterflies.

The butterflies no one but them gave me.

I lift my pallet again and start creating different colors with the paints. I finally understood why whenever I painted their eyes something was off.

I always tried to make them literal. I always tried to copy.

But it was as simple as going back to the first thing I have ever learned about painting.

Your best paintings will be the paintings that have the most heart and emotion out into them.

I had gotten that statement all wrong. I had thought that it was literal.

I thought everything about painting was literal.

Until I met Y/N. I realized that not everything is literal. Not everything is the way they seem.

I finally understood why they were the best painter. They were the best painter because they let their hands carry their brush. They let their heart handle their hands. They let their eyes analyze.

Their strongest weakness was mine as well.

We both thought that having something to reference off of was the key to having a good painting.

It wasn't.

And never will be.

References are helpful. But really, it's the thought that counts.