Chapter 025

WARNING: CONTAINS REFERENCES TO ATTACK ON TITAN SEASON 3 AND 4, ALONG WITH SCENES THAT MAY BE TRAUMATIZING.  SCENES MAY NOT BE REALISTIC.

~*~

Y/N's POV

~*~

I pull my hands up to my mouth. 

I couldn't scream.

I couldn't even cry anymore.

The police bust through the door and swarm Kenny, taking him out easily.

So easily.

Why couldn't they do that sooner?

Why couldn't they do that when they first got there.

I was taken outside and thrown into the paramedics with Levi.  The whole ride there was hell.  I wanted to take my eyes off of him but I couldn't.

Something was telling me he would live.

He has to!

I dial Eren's phone number, bringing it up to my ear.

"Hello?  What do you need Y/N?"

I tried to get the words out, but it only came as a small cries.

"Y/N?!  What's wrong?  Did Levi hurt you?!"

"N-no...but...he is hurt..."

"What do you mean?  Where are you right now?!"

"I'm heading to the hospital?"

"What's going on?!  What happened?!"

"I'll text you when I get there."

"Wait!  Y/N, don't hang u-"

I press the red, 'end call' button and set my phone back in my pocket.

I take Levis hand and cup it in between mine, brushing his hair from his face and setting a kiss to his forehead.

"Please don't leave me yet..."

~*~

At the hospital, I sit outside on one of the benches, waiting in the cold room for an answer.

An answer for anyone.

"Y/N!!  I came as quickly as I can!!"

I turn my head to the noise.  It was Eren.  He had hickeys all over his neck, and his shirt was undone a bit.  I guess I interrupted something.

"Where were you?"

"I was at Chr- I mean, Historia's house."

"Historia?"

"Christa, she goes by her real name now."

"Oh."

"Anyways, what's going on?!  Where's Levi."

I point to the room lazily, bringing my head down and fiddling with my fingers.

"What happened?"

"He got shot by his uncle."

"Fucking hell..are you okay?"

I stay silent, letting out a sigh and shaking my head.  His arm wraps around me and he pulls me to his chest.

I let it all out.

All of my doubt, guilt, and grieve out.

All onto his chest.

"Hey, it's okay, I'm sure he'll make it.  He's a strong guy.  He can take a bullet."

"I don't think he was shot once."

"Huh?"

"I seen three."

He stayed silent.  I regretted telling him, because now I know he was was feeling doubt too.

"He'll be fine Y/N, we just ought' to be there for him."

I nod my head slowly, trying to compose myself.

"Historia.  Call her.  Tell her to come here."

"W-Why?!"

"For extra support."

I used to be good friends with Historia, but we ended up falling out after a few months.  I see Eren dial her number, bringing his phone up to his ear and fixing a joyful smile.

"Hey, sorry I had to leave so early, but, do you think you can come over to my location."

"....."

"Okay, I'll send it to you."

He hangs up and sets his phone down, bouncing his legs up and down.

"Nervous?"

"Aren't you?"

"I am, but it looks like you're about to piss yourself.  Your girlfriend may not take to kindly to someone who isn't potty trained."

I let out a small chuckle as he shrieks, his voice cracking as he yells at me in embarrassment.

"She's not my girlfriend!!  And I'm potty trained!!!"

He crosses his arms and shakes his head.

"She should be here soon, she lives pretty close."

"Hm.."

I bring my knees to my chest and wait for the doctors to give the news.

~*~

"Y/N L/N?"

I lift my head to the sound of my name.  The nurse had called me.  I get up quickly and walk to her.

"Are you Levi Ackerman's significant other?"

"Yes!"

"Come in."

I walk into the room.  The first thing I see is the black monitor that tracks his heartbeats.  It was abnormal, but was going.  The second thing I see is Levi.  His eyes were still closed and he still had a bit of blood on him.

"Does he have any family members."

"His cousin, Mikasa, that's all I know about."

"Age?"

"Seven-teen."

"Is there any adult that he's close to?"

"Not that I know of, no."

"Thank you.  How old are you?"

"Seven-teen."

She lets out a stressed sigh and looks around.  She shakes her head and shrugs.

"I guess it couldn't hurt.  He'll need surgery to get the bullets out, but has a high risk of dying since he recently went into surgery.  We could leave the bullets in, though, it'll kill him.  Since he had already gotten shot, not too long ago, his immune system is damaged, so if you do choose the surgery and it goes well, he'll have to stay inside the hospital from six months to a year, and will need physical therapy for his upper half."

"Can you go more into detail about the surgery?"

"Sure.  The surgery will be estimated to last for about 10 to 14 hours.  Since one of the bullets got close to one of his nerves, we'd have to be careful, or he could be paralyzed for the rest of his life.  He was shot three times, two in the chest and one in the stomach."

I clamp my hands together and think.

"Well do the surgery."

"Very well.  I'll give you your time here."

"Thanks."

I walk over to Levi and sit down on the stool, grabbing his limp hand.

"Hey, I know you can't hear me, but you're going to go into surgery again.  Funny isn't it?  All these events happening in just one month.  I wish I could have asked questions before this.  Please make it out alive Levi.  I love you."

I rest my head on his chest and cry silently, letting his abnormal heartbeat fill my ears.

~*~