Chapter 018

Y/N's POV

~*~

"Levi! Hurry up!! We'll lose her!! Didn't you say you took track!?"

I say in between breaths, sweat dripping down my forehead.

"That was in 8th grade!"

"So?!"

I never knew my mother was athletic. How come I didn't inherit that?!

We rounded a corner and after a few minutes of sprinting, we trapped her in a corner.

"Mom?"

We watch as her eyes stare down the both of us. She looked scared, relieved, and angry all at the same time.

"I don't know what you're talking about!"

She was skinnier, a lot more weak, and she was panting more than we were. Her hair was a mess and she had heavy bags under her eyes, as if she hadn't slept in days. She was wrinkly all over. Her beautiful, glowing face was no longer existent, expect tainted with the curse of poisonous drugs.

I slowly walk toward her, setting my arm in front of me just in case she'd go crazy.  I don't know what that did, but I seen it on TV.

Suddenly, I hear a click.  A gun was pulled on me.  I stop right in my tracks and feel Levi's hand press against my shoulder.

"Stay back."

"J-just calm down..."

"I said stay back!  Both of you!  I hate you both!!  Get out of my life already!"

The words shattered my heart like a hammer smashing through glass.  I felt tears build up in my eyes, but before I knew it, I heard a gunshot go off.

My mind whirled with death.  Did I die?  It didn't hurt.

I hear a thud from next to me.  That's when I realized.

Although she had the gun aimed at me,

Levi decided to take the bullet,

And it hit him right in the chest

~*~

Levi's POV

~*~

I'm having a weird dream.

There's a lot of crying and my name is being called so many times.

It's a familiar voice, but I cant seem to understand who it's from.

Or why they were calling out to me so desperately.

I could feel them crying.  Tears dripping on my hand.

What a weird dream.

Only,

It wasn't really a dream.

I open my eyes to the bright sun that was being blocked by a shadowy figure.  Well, I tried to open my eyes.  They didn't really open.  They just kind of parted.

Their tears pattered onto my hand as their hair drooped down to cover their face.  They sniffled and whined my name over and over again.

It was getting kind of annoying.

I tried talking, but my lips were so goddamn dry.  I couldn't even feel my tongue, so I cant exactly lick them successfully.  My attempt to insult the person only came out as a murmur and groan mixed together, as if I had a shit that wouldn't come out. ;)

Their face finally rise to my line of vision.  Their cheeks were stained with their tears as their eyes stared back at me, relief overflowing them.  I recognized them immediately.

Why is Y/N crying over me?

Again, I tried questioning them, but I failed, only managing to get out another groan, which I must say, was very fucking painful.

"Don't try and talk!!!"

Why?

I want but can't say 'why?'

It's impossible. 

What the fuck happened.

I sit up, a sharp pain in my chest making me let out a small whimper.  Why did my chest hurt like a bitch?!

"Stop!! The bullet isn't out yet!!"

Bullet?

"Doc!!"

They shout.  Suddenly, a tall man walks in with a clipboard and one of those heartbeat devices around his neck.  The warm feeling of Y/N's hand was hit by the cold air since they had moved it to their lap. 

"He'll have to go into surgery."

What the hell is going on?!

"Uhhnako...whjaxtg...thnek...helpcian?!"

I tried.  It worked at least a little bit, I think they understood me.

"Levi, you got shot."

Great.

"This is all my fault!  If I hadn't tried to look for her, he would've been fine."

Now I remember.  We found her mom.  I'll sue her later.

I look to my side and weakly grab the pen that was there, snatching the clipboard out of the doctors hand and writing on it.

'Take out the bullet now.'

"I'm afraid we can't-"

I shove the clipboard in his face more and give him my death glare.  He better take this goddamn bullet out before the both of us have a bullet lodged in our flesh, except his will be lodged in his skull.

He lets out a defeated sigh and looks to Y/N.

"You'll have to leave for this.

They nod and quickly leave, their hands shaking.  I've never been shot before, was it really a big deal?

"Nghnnnaaa...bhsjwok..."

"Write it down, please"

Fucking hell.

'Just take it out with tweezers.'

"We cant do that."

'Why?'

"Just bear with us, will you?"

And so the surgery began.

~*~

Sorry it's so short, I'll make the next one longer, I promise:)