Chapter 024

Y/N's POV

~*~

"Levi!"

I call from downstairs tiredly.  Erwin and Hange had returned from dinner and were now waiting for us to leave. I see him appear on the stairs as he quickly walks down. He looks like he wanted to say something, which he had began to, but was cut off by money being slapped in his hand.

"Thank you for taking care of Sasha and Connie. Where is the other babysitter?"

"Ah! He's upstairs sleeping, I think. But, we'll be off, see y'a!"

I grab Levi's hand joyfully and drag him outside. My fingers intertwine with his as I'm basically skipping down the block.

"Y/N, those children aren't safe."

"Hm?"

"They aren't safe with their regular babysitter."

"Why do you say that?"

Levi takes out a rolled up magazine from his pocket and hands it to me. I look at the cover for a minute, opening to the front page. I immediately felt my heart sink, a familiar ball come up my throat.

I thought I was going to vomit.

"What the hell..."

Plastered on the first page of the magazine, was the same child on the front, except he was fully naked. I flip to the next page, regretting even opening it. It was worse, and seemed to get worse as I kept flipping. The children seemed to get younger and younger, and the younger they got, the more lewd. I turn to Levi and then back at the house.

"We shouldn't go back. We'll confront eyebrows at school."

I gulp hard and nod, holding back my tears. I hand him the book that had literal sin written all over it and continued to walk down the pathway.

~*~

I lay on my bed and stroke my fingers through my hair.(again, sorry if you don't have any)  it only seems as if the days were getting more and more complicated.  I look outside to the flashing lights going by my window.

The neighbors son was at it again, huh?

I slowly close my eyes and sigh.  If I were any older, I'm sure I'd have gray hair. 

I found enough peace to fall into a deep hole of sleep.

~*~

I make it to the jail cell of unlimited paperwork and annoying teachers.  I drag my feet up the stairs and into the huge building.  My sight was met with many people, some who I've never seen before.  I feel a tug on my backpack and turn to see a gleeful Eren, followed by Levi, who looked insanely tired, like always.

"Y/N!!  Just one more week until the contest, you're coming, right?"

"Of course!  How could I miss out?!"

"Levi is."

"He's coming, don't worry."

"Hell no, I've got things to do."

"Like, going to Eren's photography contest.  Friends support each other."

"Who said we were friends?"

"We're dating, which automatically means you're Eren's friend, go it?"

"Tch.."

We walk along the hallways of the high school, Eren splitting off to his first block and me and Levi heading to art.

"Do you have the magazine?"

"Yup."

We walk into the art room and sit down, though, Levi is the one to walk up to Mr. Smith.