Epilogue

Y/N's POV

~*~

"D'you think I need to add more black?  Maybe, your eyes don't seem like your eyes, you know?"

My brush slightly strokes some black onto the canvas, adding more depth to the two pair of eyes I was creating.

"You really helped me improve on my painting skills, Levi.  It's been ten years.  I've made it to the top, and still, I kept you a secret.  Maybe I should tell them about you.  Hey, did you know Eren grew out his hair?  He looks great!  Him and Historia are also married and carrying a child, I didn't see that coming.  Dad also fought cancer.  He found a woman and now they're pregnant too.  I'm gonna have a sister!  I'm excited for it."

I grab another brush and start on the eyelashes, delicately grazing the brush on the canvas in a flicking motion.

"You're always complimenting my eyes, so, I thought I'd make this one about yours.  Your eyes are beautiful Levi.  Even Sasha and Connie said so.  I'm still surprised I was able to save them, though, they were touched and raped anyway."

With one last brush stroke I had finished, setting the brush down and rolling my chair back.  I admired the fine art.

The slight tint of blue clouded in grey, with a glint of white in the corner of the pupil, had storms of emotion.  I had really improved.  His eyelashes made his eyes more thin, and the extra shading defined his bags.  His face was soft, as if he were resting with his eyes closed. 

I smile softly and get up, dusting myself off.  I move out of the way to show Levi.

"How does it look?"

I look to the pot of ashes, waiting for an answer.

Though, I already knew it.

I'd be waiting forever.

But that's okay.

There are little bits and pieces of him around the room.

My canvases.

Levi,

Your eyes are my canvas.