Strangers Of Hope

"Don't worry we'll help you get home to your family."

They were looking at her with surprise in their eyes and something else too. The poor girl shifted on her feet silently hoping this starting to be over so that she could breathe again normally.

The old man who had white hair-bearing signs of his old age suddenly approached them, his green eyes narrowed at her and he asked Rick," So, what have you got today officer? A lady from the woods?"

The others laughed and Rick sent them a glare. He then told the old man," Look Gally You know that you are working in my department so please don't make me choose anything bad for you which I'll regret."

"Whatever," Gally seemed unaffected by his words.

"Anyways,.." Rick began," Today we have a new guest here. I don't want any of you to create any problems for her. She has amnesia. So, don't bother asking her any questions. She was here all alone for several days so clearly, she is scared. We'll take her to the official camp and with the help of an authority, we'll get her home. By this time she'll be here with us and I'm repeating I don't want any of you making problems and obviously, I also don't want any of you to lose your jobs. Am I clear?"

They all nodded.

"Good," Then Rick began to introduce all, "That's Gally Storn, our lead workman," he pointed at the old man. "Shaw Brooks," while pointing at the golden-haired man with light blue eyes.

"That's Tyler Smith and Cooper Smith," he said pointing to the dark-haired and olive-skinned twins. They both had black eyes. Tyler had straight dark hair and Cooper had curly black hair. She didn't notice earlier that they were twins. Probably from her stare, they laughed, "Yes, we are twin," they said at the same time.

She blushed and her eyes found the ground, did she stare too long?

"Shut up, you guys are creepy, still talking at the same time," the youngest-looking boy shook his head, then smiled at her, "Don't mind them," she nodded and heard him speaking again, "I'm Ethan Gray." She offered him a smile not knowing what to do next. He had brown eyes along with black hair.

Then a slightly middle-aged man suddenly called Rick, probably to show him something as he only returned from the north side of the camp, his green eyes found her when Rick showed him and he gave a small nod while taking off his hat and showing his grey hair.

"That's David Richards, in charge of our collection of various woods' samples," she turned her head left to see a younger boy, probably in his early 20s, smiling down at her, his black eyes full of brightness and so lively, he ran his hand through his black hair and smiled brightly again which somehow forced her to smile back, how they managed to make her smile in only half an hour, it seemed a mystery to her, "I'm Shawn Ashford, at your service, young lady," he smiled again, "Let's show you around."

She nodded and followed him. It seemed they were excited to have her here, how? Despite the doubts creeping in, she decided to trust them. Besides, what other option did she have?

In front of them, a group of four boys was whispering something among them as if they were in some kind of secret conversation.

"They are the stupidest  in our camp or so I call them, don't talk to them, they are pure trouble," his tone turned to serious for a bit but then the next moment started laughing, "Relax. I was just joking, They are-" he pointed at the dark-haired boy who was staring at them, a glare in his green eyes, "Hamilton Rayen."

Another dark-haired boy narrowed his brown eyes at her as if studying her, "Beckham Rivers, he is the most idiotic stupid you'll ever meet," and then pointed at the two dark-haired boys, "Bob Watson," the boy with green eyes and "Bernard Warnes," the boy with grey eyes who was arguing with Bob over something.