In The Woods

"You don't even know what's happening out there, in the woods."

When Rose reached the field, she didn't expect everyone present there. As if something serious was going on.

Jake looked irritated and panic was clear on his face as if he was scared about something. But again why he was irritated? It was like when one knows whatever he feared was coming and he hated that.

The others were just confused...well not everyone, Rick and Shawn also looked like they were fearing the same known thing but unlike Jake, there was no trace of irritation on their faces.

Kedron looked scared and he was panting, suddenly his gaze met Rose's, and his eyes widened before he started approaching her. "Who are you?" his sharp question suddenly caught her off-guard. Not that they had the best friendship, but yet it hurt, she was not used to people talking to her in this rude manner.

Her eyes held confusion and worry, she gulped and asked, "What do you mean?"

"What do I mean? Rose, who exactly you are under your innocent facade?"

Rick interrupted him, "Stop, I know you feel scared but..."

Shawn completed his sentence, "That doesn't mean you get to talk to her like that, we've made it clear.."

"That she has amnesia?" Colton scoffed, "And you didn't think twice before believing her and letting her come to the camp?"

"Yes, I didn't think, because none of you were there when I found her, I was there to find her as an almost corpse, I was there to see her scared and pale face, it was either bring her with me or to leave her there for dying which I would never do," Rick suddenly rose his voice causing them to flinch. He generally never rose his voice.

He spoke again, "Why do I have to explain myself why I took her in my camp, and now to you all? Why don't you just accept that she's also a part of us just like the rest?"

"Because she's not like the rest," every head snapped at the person saying that, Jake Collins.

"What do you mean?" Shawn glared at him.

"It's obvious he said right, Shawn," Kedron said now angrily, all eyes centering to the one person who had been the talked off-topic, Rose, who had no clue what was going on.

"What's going on?" She finally asked, her gut feeling saying that something big was coming, and this time to her.

"Kedron went to collect some dry woods this noon, he returned a while ago and.." Ethan started to explain but got cut off by Landon.

"Do you think we should be telling this to her now? It's dark enough, we don't need her to get scared too."

"No, Lan, I need to know what's going on," Rose demanded.

"No, Rose, we are here to protect you, you don't need to know," Shawn chimed in.

"Protect me?" Rose asked confused, "What's going on so that you need to protect me?"

"Rose, you don't need to know," Landon emphasized.

"If that concerns me, I obviously need to know," she persisted.

"But we don't need you to worry when clearly your worry can affect your child," Murphy said sternly.

"But it's me who's in danger," she tried again but her voice this time was low knowing that Murphy had a point.

"But Rose we're here, you don't need to worry about it," Rick said calmly.

"I know but please-" Rose pleaded, "I don't want you all to be in danger because of me when I can't even help just because I don't know what it is, you all being there will worry me more."