Acquaintance

"Do you know her?"

"Hey, Let's go," Ethan said to them, then they found Rick and Shawn sitting on the jeep, they hopped in the jeep, while Zac and the rest of them hopped in the other jeep. They soon started their journey. This team was going the opposite of where they went first. 

It took almost an hour to reach their destination. Then they soon started to make arrangements for staying there, again making tents,  collecting woods, all the same, but she enjoyed it.

 She was told to make her own tent but how? She thought and then tried to do the knots but failed miserably. Suddenly she heard unfamiliar laughter, she turned back to see Zac looking at her with an amused look.

"You don't know how to make tents, do you?" Zac asked chuckling.

"I'm new to this," She looked at her feet embarrassed. He chuckled again, "Your height will get shortened if you keep doing this," She looked up to see him laughing," What?"

"Your  feet look much better than me, doesn't it?" Zac tried to look offended.

"No,... I mean...It's...." She embarrassingly said.

"Chill out, I was just joking." He burst into laughter. "You're so gullible."

She didn't know what to say so she just faked a smile.

"What's going on here?" Shawn came and stood in front of Rose. "What are you telling her?"

"Here comes your saving grace, welcome, Shawn," He laughed again.

"Shut up, you don't want to get in a fight with me, do you?" Shawn gritted his teeth trying to calm himself while Zac seemed to enjoy making him angry.

"Chill out, dude. No need to get angry," Zac turned to Rose, "Will you like me to help you?"

He was asking this now when he could offer his help earlier instead of his lame jokes. Rose mentally scoffed.

"Sure."

"No." 

Rose and Shawn spoke at the same time, "I'll help you, Rose. Tell Zac to back off."

"But Mr. Grumpy if you don't remember, then I'll help you remember,  last time I checked you have punishment to continue and help us, not her," Gabby said while approaching them.

"When did you come here?" Shawn asked annoyed.

"When you were trying to kill my cousin," She scoffed.

"Wait, you are cousins?" Rose asked.

"Yeah, and the bestest friends," Zac grinned.

"Well, let's go, Shawn, you have to see your humble adobe aka your cell." She said and Shawn annoyingly followed her lead.

"Remember-" Shawn said to Zac suddenly stopping, "Oh, I remember, don't worry I'll take good care of Rose." He smiled mischievously causing Shawn to glare at him but before he could say anything Gabby started to walk leaving him no option but to follow her.

"Stupid boy," Zac laughed. "You enjoy this, don't you?" Rose asked narrowing her eyes.

"Shhhh, do you want me to get killed?" Zac smiled, "Don't tell  Shawn." He smiled again, "Let's build your tent, come on, now."

Rose smiled," Coming, sir."

While they were making their tent, suddenly they heard a car arriving. They rushed to the place  Colton leading them. 

"Oh, Arnold Hayes, glad you join us," Colton said smirking. Rose whispered to Zac," Colton doesn't seem to like him, who is he?" Zac scoffed," Our leader is not like so polite as your leader, he doesn't like anyone other than himself, quite a narcissist you can say. And he is Arnold Hayes." "Any new information about him? I already know that. Colton said his name." Rose said rolling her eyes.

Zac smirked, "New information? Don't call Colton by name, he gets triggered."

"Then what am I supposed to call him?" Rose scoffed.

"In front of him, leader," he  whispered, "And for us, we call him the mad man."

"Idiot," she scoffed.

"Ow, why would you say that?" Zac whined.

"What are you, five?" She rolled her eyes.

Their bickering stopped Colton and Arnold's conversation, more like it drew Arnold's attention to them. He saw Rose for a while suddenly his green pair of eyes widened, he pursed his lips and for a moment realization and confusion flashed through his eyes before his expression went the same. He clenched his jaw, "What- what is she doing here?"

"That's a long story, my friend, do you know her?" Colton asked.

Arnold stared at her for a bit before pushing his golden blonde hair out of his forehead, "Not exactly."

Rose was confused, clearly, he seemed to know her, but one thing she didn't understand was why he lied. Strange.

Colton took Arnold to speak in private while the others went back to their work.

"Let's go," Zac whispered, she nodded before following.

That night she couldn't help thinking about Arnold, he seemed familiar but where she had seen him she couldn't remember. 

Was he her friend? Relatives? Family? 

But he lied, if he was a friend or on the good side with her, he wouldn't lie about knowing her. Her gut told her. But what she even could do? She let out a sigh.

He really seemed to know her, his expression screamed that she knew by now, she could read the body language.

Acquaintance? Enemy? She hoped that the last one wouldn't be true. Because he was the only one to recognize her, whoever he was, she needed his help, he would have known something about her family or her past. 

She hoped that he would help her. There it was again, the excitement, the warm feeling called hope, she just prayed that maybe this time her acquaintance would help her to get back to her family, her true identity.

Would he?