Rose

This chapter is dedicated to @Bree499 for being so awesome. Thank you for supporting me.

                                                                     "Rose. My name is Rose."

Shawn and the girl made their way to her new temporary home. Turning to the girl, Shawn told her, "Welcome to your new temporary sweet abode." She laughed as he tried to make it in a terrible posh accent.

He told the girl to take a shower and left her in her tent. She was somehow happy to see that those strangers welcomed her so warmly. How sometimes strangers take responsibility although they are not supposed to. And sometimes close people don't bother to. 

Is that humanity?

Probably she was lost in her thought because she didn't notice Rick coming to her tent. Rick amusingly saw the girl zoning out and how her eyes stared at space. He cleared his throat causing the poor girl to jump out of her skin. But when she saw Rick she felt relieved.

Rick hands her over some clothes and took her to the place that was used for washing clothes, taking baths, and others. He brought these from Kristoff who found these in an old box from a tent set by the previous group camping there. Seemed like the previous group had a female member.

She felt fresh and relieved as the cold water flowed. Her head felt lightweight and she could think properly. The water made her forget about her problems. She felt new and fresh after finishing her shower.

While washing her clothes suddenly she found something in the pockets, a letter and a wide wristband. The band was sky blue with black letters written on it.

"R9. Rose" was written on it. The band was according to the size of her hand. And some weird letters and numbers were written on the other side. As she tried to read it, she realized it said, "CENFVO."

"What does it mean? Who is Rose?" She was confused more than ever.

Then she examined the letter and she couldn't make out what was written on it as it seemed like a code.

She kept these aside and went to her tent. Rose, she thought. Why did that name seem so familiar to her? Rose, Rose....it felt like her whole mind was centered on the name. While struggling to find out the meaning she fell asleep.

**************

"Rose, be careful. Why don't you listen?" A middle-aged woman grabbed the little girl's hand as she stumbled to her feet.

" I'm sorry."

"Okay, now let's go home, and guess what?"

"What mommy?" the little girl giggled.

"I'll make you a strawberry pie, okay?" The little girl clapped her hands as she cheered and showed her teeth while grinning.

"Okaaayyyyy."

******************

Her eyes snapped open and her breathing increased. Sweat drops covered her forehead and her throat felt dry. Why did that dream feel so real like it may have happened to her before? Why that little girl look so familiar? Suddenly she realized she didn't even know what she looked like. After she calmed down she went out as her lungs craved fresh air.

She was looking at the sky and admiring the stars and how beautiful they were. Suddenly she felt a presence near her she nearly screamed but when she saw the familiar piercing blue eyes, she sighed.

"Why are you up late? Couldn't sleep?" Rick asked. She nodded her head and again stared at the sky.

"Beautiful isn't it?" She again nodded.