Don't Let Me Go

"Then don't let me go, please."

Rose's eyes snapped to the person, her blurry gaze fixed on him as if trying to analyze his signs of lying, but she was no expert, she soon feel defeated. What was he saying? Should she believe in his words? 

No

Her entire mind kept screaming at her but somewhere in the back of her mind, her gut feeling knew it was the truth.

"What?" her voice came out weak as she decided to interrogate Jake. He seemed unfazed and replied bluntly, "That's the truth."

"But...but..who could possibly search for me?" The poor girl inquired, to herself or to these people, she didn't understand.

"Who won't Rose?" Jake replied, "Why do you find this so hard to believe?"

"But-" She tried to argue but soon got cut off.

"You're no ordinary person, you should know it by now," Colton huffed, "Do you not remember killing a cougar bare-handed or the time you claimed you survived out there seven days all by yourself?"

"What does that mean?" she asked defeated as if her strong desire to stay here betrayed her, why anyone had to look for her which is not her own family? She frowned, by any chance, could this be her family looking?

She sighed, how would she know?

"That you could be a secret hunter or an...I don't know...an agent for crying out loud," Isabella pointed out.

"Huh? Rose as a hunter or agent?" Ervin started laughing but soon stopped seeing others' hard glares. Rose looked at them searching for any kind of truth in that. 

"Who knows, maybe she was a hunter or an agent. Or an assassin.Or simply a fighter. Or maybe a prisoner, that's horrible. Or maybe a ninja, well, that's stupid."

But Jake seemed to have this weird expression on his face, something knowing flashed in his face, but soon he covered it with a glare.

"Shut up," he grumbled, "Rose, I suggest you better hurry before something happens to you, I need to take you to Edward in one piece."

With that, he left the place leaving her confused. She sighed, Jake Collins was more complicated to figure out than Arnold Hayes.

"I said I won't go," Rose snapped for the ninth time, currently she was sitting on her bed, crossing her legs and her hands folded on her lap. Rick and Shawn were trying to make her understand, well Rick was, and Shawn just stood there watching them.

"But we insist, we are concerned about you, Rose, that's why we're..."

"I don't wanna listen to your explanation of why you made that stupid decision," she snapped again, "I mean what were you thinking?"

"Rose," Rick sighed frustrated, "Look if these people hurt you on our watch, that's going to be my fault," he gulped, "I don't want you to get hurt, please."

"But you didn't go to visit your family on your hiatus, you rather came with me, you all did, then you didn't give up, so why now? Why now, Rick?" She exclaimed with teary eyes, she simply couldn't take it when Alex, Zarry, and the twins left for some days only or when Arnold left, then how would she picture herself leaving for her own benefit?  Especially when these people did nothing but good to her.

Or simply staying without them? They were a family now, by friendship and loyalty. Living without them, the thought alone made her cry.

"Rose, I think you should go," Shawn chimed in now, but Rose could tell just by his voice, that he didn't want her to go, and neither did Rick.