The Right Thing

"Gonna do the right thing."

Zac clenched his fists as Gabby pursed her lips to stop crying. Why it was like this? What he actually had seen in Isabella? Or is it someone else? But they are the only females in the camp and Shawn definitely didn't think of Rose in that way, considering the way he'd been jumping and expressing his happiness since he found out about Rose's marriage and pregnancy.

Who is that girl? Why she was not good enough for him? So, all of that time did Shawn thought her as just a friend? Just like Rose?

Everyone said otherwise.

"Well, so who's she?" Gabby heard Zac saying, but she took small steps, she was not needed there, she definitely didn't want to hear the name who ruined the happiness she thought she found.

"Should I say now? What if she says no? Don't girls like it in a... I don't know...special way..maybe?"

"Right," Rose grinned, "You should organize something."

As they say, it was more difficult to do than to say or easy to say but difficult to do. For the past few hours, they were sitting on the grass, planning on how Shawn should propose to her and what they could do.

"No," Rose said for the fortieth time turning down the fortieth offer, "She's not gonna like it."

Shawn ran his hand through his black hair and let out a frustrated sigh, "What should I do?"

"Maybe you should ask Zac," Rose whispered, assuming which girl he was talking about.

Shawn gave her a crazy look as if to say Are-you-crazy, Rose shrugged and returned him the look whose meaning was it's-the-best-option.

He scrunched up his nose and looked at her once again with the look but-there-has-to-be-another-way, Rose rolled her eyes and looked at him with a you-need-to-tell-him-though look.

Just as Shawn was going to return another look, Murphy cleared his throat, "Enough with your telepathy, say the words, we don't share the telepathy, we need words and we need to hear."

Shawn sighed and Rose shrugged.

"Maybe we should just lock them up in a tent till Shawn gains up the courage and she says yes," Ethan said earning a smack from Landon, "Ow."

"First of all, tents don't have any locks and secondly, thus the girl will get scared and maybe angry, mostly angry."

"Right," Rose laughed and Shawn shook his head, "She's gonna rip off my throat like that."

Just as Rose was about to say something, Rick gestured her to turn around, following his gesture, Rose saw the person whom she hadn't seen all day standing there looking at the ground and slowly meeting up her gaze.

"Excuse me," she said before slowly getting up with Murphy's help, Murphy had told her all about how she should start to take care of herself in case she's really pregnant, but they were being cautious.

She walked to Arnold slowly, "Where have you been? I haven't seen you all day."

Arnold smiled at her ignoring the pangs on his chest, he now didn't hope the words to have other meanings, he knew now Rose was someone else's, Edward was her husband,  all Rose thought of him was as a friend, he might not once again lose her friendship, which is so true and kind.

"Just busy," he muttered before looking at her, her light brown eyes reflected the afternoon sun, about to set, he smiled again, "I...um... came to say something."