Rules

This chapter is dedicated to @Ifiehi. Thank you very much for your support.

                               "Actually I have a rule for treating everyone in my life."

*****************************

She was sad, her vision got watery,  rolling down her cheeks, the salty water fell on her hands which were intertwined on her lap. She suddenly felt a thumb wiping her tears away. Looking up, her light brown eyes met with a pair of brown eyes which held worry and a lot of emotion she couldn't read. So instead she paid attention to those chocolate brown eyes, she was lost in those eyes. These were so beautiful and oddly familiar.  

"Don't cry, Rose," the owner of these addictive eyes spoke, "Everything is going to be okay,". Her heart fluttered hearing his deep raspy voice and the hope in it. She tried to look at his face but all she could see was the pair of chocolate brown eyes, which grew her favorite by then.

Soon a pair of arms wrapped her in a warm hug. She felt okay, she just knew then everything was going to be okay. Most importantly, she felt safe in those arms. She felt like she was home.

A feeling that she was craving for all those times. And also an unknown feeling that made her heartbeats go wild. Unknown yet so familiar. 

*********************************

She slowly opened her eyes and the daylight hit her eyes. She immediately closed her eyes and felt a hand running through her hair, slowly massaging her scalp. Her heart started to beat fast. Was that dreamt brown-eyed person here? Was she once again going to get the unknown yet familiar taste to understand what it was, what it meant.  Her eyes fluttered open.

 She sat up and looked at the person sitting beside her head. Suddenly she realized it was just a dream, a beautiful one.

"At last you are awake," she stared at the black-eyed boy as he slowly approached her, hugging in process. It was not like the dream, yet she felt safe in another way, but the feeling in the dream was something else, a special one.

"We all were so worried about you," Shawn said as got up and woke Ethan up who was sleeping in a chair close to her bed. "What happened? Who died?" Ethan said rubbing his eyes, yawning.

"You died, idiot," Shawn said rolling his eyes, "Rose is awake,". Now Ethan got up and saw the brown-haired girl sitting in the bed frowning as if she was in deep thought. "Rose," Ethan ran to her and hugged her. "Why did you do that? We all thought something was going to happen to you, I thought I would stab Beck if anything happens to you, I-"

"Ethan, take a breath," Rose said laughing as she cut off his rambling," Nothing happened to me and Beckham is already in pain, you don't have to make it worse. By the way, have anyone checked on him?"

Shawn again rolled his eyes, sighing he said, "I don't believe you are worried about that idiot who didn't even want you here in the first place and you are sick, Rose."

"But I'm fine now," Rose retorted.

"Fine? You were out for 5 hours, Rose," Now Rick spoke entering the tent, his eyes held worry. "Why did you do that?" Rick asked while holding her hands, crouching down to her level. 

"I don't know, I just felt I had to do something. Many people don't like you in your journey but you should help them when they are in trouble and you are capable of helping. I know Beckham doesn't like me but I wouldn't forgive myself if I didn't help him." Rose said slowly looking at the ground.

"Rose, why are you so kind-hearted? You know that not everyone deserves your kindness, right?"

************************************

"You know that not everyone deserves your kindness, right? Rose, you don't have to help everyone who crosses your path." The deep raspy voice spoke causing her heart to flutter. His voice held nothing but softness as if to say he knew what she was like yet he supported her, just the way she was.

 His soft voice made her look up only to meet with those addictive chocolate brown eyes. It was always his eyes that made her forget any worries, that made her happy, simply it was always him that made everything so easy,

"I know, but you know my rules," she said while looking at the chocolate pool in his eyes. She was lost in his eyes unless he spoke, "I know," You treat me better, I treat you best. You treat me worse, still, I treat you best. Because that's what humans do". Who said this?" He asked chuckling. His chuckle made her smile. It always did as if pouring the happiness.

"Me."

********************************************

"Rose, hello anyone there? hello, hello," she suddenly snapped back into reality watching Shawn making faces in front of her. She laughed slapping his head.

"Ow, Rose, I was just making sure you are alright there. You literally zoned out for 4 minutes." Shawn said while rubbing his head. 

"Actually I have a rule."

"What? Wait it's not to slap anyone making faces, right?" Shawn asked rushed.

"No," Rose laughed.

"Good, because it would hurt so much," Shawn pretended to wipe sweat drops from his forehead.

"Actually, It is " You treat me better, I treat you best. You treat me worse, still, I treat you best. Because that's what humans do". That's why I helped him." she said smiling while Shawn stared at her with wide eyes shaking his head.

"So, Who said this?" Rick asked chuckling. She smiled remembering her memory of what she just could remember. It was good progress, her heart fluttered at the thought of her dream and those brown eyes. She understood it was not just a dream but also was a memory. Because she could feel it and miss it, those eyes, those caring words, simply him.

"Me. I said that."

Suddenly Rick asked, "How did you kill the cougar?"

"Cougar? What is a cougar? And wait, kill? What? I killed? I killed that, oh my, I killed," Rose panicked, suddenly remembering everything.

"Rose, it's okay, it's okay if you don't want to share," Rick kneeled in front of her, "It's okay, It's probably stressful."

"No," Rose said, "I don't remember. And I don't know how."

A/N: I know it's crazy but it's my one of the most favorites chapters in this story. What about yours?

 Share

Comment

Vote.