Another Family

"A family of true friendship."

"Do you know where he is?" The poor girl sniffled, she had believed Jake Collins and she was hoping maybe just maybe he was kind enough to show her the way.

"Yes," replied the boy, he wanted Rose to know where Edward Simmons was, he needed her to know. The girl smiled in hope, maybe after so many days of living in complete darkness, the light had finally shone in her life.

She sniffled again, "Th..thank you."

"It's okay, I just...just go see Edward, Rose," Jake said, this time not smiling at all, but with something else in his eyes, but she couldn't figure it out, as he turned his head and got up, slowly making his way to his tent.

Rose stared at him, not understanding what suddenly happened, why was he acting as if he had something to hide? Was it important? And why out of all people, he suddenly took a stern step and told her about Edward?

Edward, she once again, was lost in her thought, would he be happy knowing that she was pregnant? She frowned.

She suddenly felt a hand gently caressing her head, she looked up to see Murphy smiling down at her, "Rose, we all are very happy for you. See, didn't we say you would never do such a nasty thing? See, you're so decent, don't let yourself down."

"Hey, I said that you didn't," Shawn whined.

"Okay, okay," Rick snapped his fingers and stuck out his hand for Rose to take it, then stood her up, "Rose, congratulations on your marriage and congratulation, once again, on your beautiful pregnancy."

"Thank you," Rose whispered, grinning and wiping her tears away, her happy tears.

Soon she was wrapped in a group hug again, she smiled, receiving so much warmness in their behavior, who was she? 

Just a normal girl who had amnesia, but they were her knights in the shining amour. They helped her, gave her the warm taste of a family, and a beautiful example of love and humanity. 

Soon they broke the hug and Shawn ruffled her hair, "Sooo, now I get to see my best friend 2.0."

Rose smiled blushing and looked down her feet. 

They chuckled and suddenly a thing crossed Murphy's mind, he hesitated at first, not wanting to ruin the moment, but he had to make sure, so he asked Rose quietly, "Rose, um...Don't you think we should confirm at first? About your pregnancy?"

Her smile dropped and suddenly she started panicking, sure she showed some of the signs, but is she really pregnant? What if she's not? Will Jake still show her the way?

She frowned, "Am..am I..not pregnant?"

 "We just need to be sure, li'l queen," Murphy smiled down at her.

Rose wiped away her tears and took a deep breath, "How..we can be sure? I mean..would..it hurt...my baby?"

"No," Murphy laughed, "Don't worry."

After a while, they all reached a decision, they would wait till the camping finished, then they would take Rose to a doctor, although there were some arguments, the majority of them decided the same.

Rose was sitting on the grass, watching them work, more specifically, the few people who were always by her side, from the very first beginning of her dark time, they were arguing one time and the next time bursting out into laughter. She smiled, thinking how her life was on track, because of them, in that dark time, when she was like a train wreck,  they helped her, lifted her up, and showed her the right way. Wasn't that something family do?

She realized, they were, indeed, her family now, a family of true friendship, she sighed, how she was going to live leaving them here? How she was going to fall asleep without saying good night to all of them? She knew she had to find her family, and now, when an unborn life was yet to see the light of the world, she had to definitely find her family, find Edward.

She slowly caressed her belly, a motherly affection overwhelmed her, she caressed it gently, could the unborn baby feel her already?

"Don't worry, my li'l baby, I'm going to protect you no matter what," she whispered smiling.

"Roseeeeeee," her head snapped up to see her best friend Shawn standing beside her, with a pout on his face and crossing his arms on his chest.

"What?" she asked scrunching her thin eyebrows, noticed behind him, a flushed Gabby and a bored-looking Ethan. Her eyes wandered over them, not understanding the matter, and her eyes met with blue ones, Rick shook his head before letting out a huff, but then smiled. She smiled back before fixing her eyes on the black-haired boy.

Landon suddenly hit his shoulder making him wince, "What the heck?" Shawn screamed.

"Hey, no screaming in front of the baby," Rick warned.

"Then just give me what I want," Shawn stomped his foot like a child. Rose laughed, how can a grown-up man act like this childish? Oh, it's Shawn Ashford, obviously, he's childish, he, himself, declared that.

"Why don't you understand?" Zac, now, huffed, with an angry expression on his face.

"What's going on?" Rose inquired.

"Look, Rose, you're my best friend, so it's reasonable that we do everything together, well, most of the things, right?" Shawn said looking down at her, his black eyes pleading with her to agree.

"Yeah," Rose said, still not understanding.

"See?" Shawn said, "Rose's pregnant, I also want a baby."

A/N: Hello, dear viewers, I'm so sorry for being late again. Thank you to all of you who are still giving this book a chance. 

By the way, who is your favorite character? Let me know in the comment section.

:)

Take care.

Share

Comment

Vote