18. Show Time

*flashback in italics*

Harry

I stumbled through into our front door nearly tripping over our British Bulldog puppy George in the process who barked happily at my feet as his tail wagged from side to side.

He jumped up my legs as I placed my black blazer jacket on the hook. Flicking the kitchen light on I see a pile of dishes and an empty wine glass sat at the side of the sink. I huff and walk towards our bathroom to relax in a quick shower after my long day.

The bathroom is in an even worse state. A white hand towel is dotted with makeup and thrown over the rail, the mirror is fogged with a smiley face draw into it, the hairdryer is left on the side of the surface with all of her makeup scattered and placed wherever.

I ignore the mess and shower quickly with the hot water that is left. Wiping away the fog to look at my appearance, I have certainly aged the past three years and the bags under my eyes prove the little amount of sleep I have due to my job.

I make my way from the bathroom and across to our bedroom door. I can hear a song being played quietly throughout the room, as I grip the handle and push the door open.

As I walk through Chloe is stood in her white lacy underwear pulling out the floor length dress she is wearing tonight for a party that the company I am working for is holding.

She looks stunning as always, but the air is thick as I sit on the edge of our bed and run the hand towel over my hair to remove the majority of the water.

"Harry could you zip me up please?" She asks softly as she moves to stand in front of me. My hands grasp the white zip and slowly pull it up her back; I see the goose bumps rise on her skin as I cover her back bit by bit. She sighs when I reach the top and I move my hands away to pull my boxer shorts up my legs before removing the towel from around my waist.

"What have you been up to today?" I ask to make conversation and to know why our apartment is so unclean, as I turn to my small wardrobe deciding on what I was going to wear myself.

"I lazed around this morning before going the salon, and then I came back here sorted George out and started getting ready." She replied coolly, knowing she is treading on thin ice with my short temper, as she clips her diamond earrings into place.

I decide on a white shirt and pull out tight black slacks. I dig through my draw for my black bow tie, retrieving the silky tie I lift my collar and pull it around my neck.

"Did you not think to clean the apartment?" I asked her in a monotone, making it feel even more uncomfortable than it was.

"No not really" she shrugged moving to stand in front of me to help me with my bow tie. I tilt my head away from her as she ties it, and try to calm myself before I kick off on her; it wasn't the best day at the office.

"Are you going to clean it tomorrow?" I ask her moving around her to apply my cologne.

"Erm, I have plans with my mother" she states, "and I probably won't be up until late again because of tonight." She simply states moving across the room to collect her clutch bag and turn the music off.

"Well maybe you should stay at home tonight to clean the apartment? Or not drink like you did at the last party?" I raise my eyebrow to her as she scowls at me through the large mirror, as I move to tie my dress shoes on my feet.

"I would but I can't leave my boyfriend alone at a party filled with beautiful young businesswomen could I?" She teases me knowing she is pushing all of my buttons.