21. Inner Devil

Chloe ♥

I lifted the spoon of cornflakes into the air and just looked at the golden flakes floating in the milk.

Even the cornflakes had the milk, they had something, someone to support them, to go hand and hand with.

Not having another thought about the golden flakes I popped the spoon into my mouth, crunching the flakes and swallowing the honey cereal.

I was broken out of my thoughts by my 2 month old niece and goddaughters beautiful giggle.

Elsa Spencer the newest addition to our family along, with my beautiful sister in-law Lilly Spencer who was trying to get Elsa to eat her baby food without spilling it on her pink all in one.

Cameron and Lilly married a year ago when I was 20, it was such a beautiful wedding in the small local church in Holmes Chapel. A month later Lilly was pregnant with Elsa, and I had the honour of becoming an auntie and a godmother. It was the best thing that could have ever happened to me.

Elsa is my world, I look after her all day while Cameron works for a local business and Lilly teaches in the local primary school.

"Good morning sis." My brother chirps pouring himself a mug of coffee. He kisses Elsa's head were blonde hair is starting to grow, and places a loving kiss to Lilly's pouted lips. "What did mum have to say on the phone last night?" He asked curious leaning his weight against the countering and focusing his attention on me.

"Oh she's going on a cruise for a month and asked me to mind her love shack." I tell him with venom and sarcasm running through my voice.

My mother rang me last night, which she never does anymore. Once the divorce with dad was cleared, she took her share of his fortune, moved back to London, bought a penthouse and got herself a 29 year old model, called Troy as a boyfriend. Now she buys art, clothes and also has shares in a celebrity boutique in London to keep her money a float. She also travels regularly and asks me to check on her home but I always get one of her friends to do it for me as I have no plans to go back to London anytime soon.

"So you’re going down to London?" My brother asks, I usually don’t tell him when mum rings or texts for me to do this, but since he was sat next to me when she rang last night I couldn’t really keep it a secret.

"Probably not," I shrug my shoulders and turn my attention back to the nearly empty bowl of cereal. "I'll get one of her snooty friends to check up on it." I mentioned moving my spoon absently through the bowl.

"You should go down Chloe, I mean go home see your friends have a good time. It’s not like you don’t have money." Lilly joined in, moving away from an occupied Elsa. "My dad and Anne want to look after Elsa as well, and you deserve a break after everything." She moved to Cameron's side, finding comfort under his arm.

Cameron nodded at me agreeing with his wife trying to push me into going down for a whole month.

"I can't go down, he's there." I protested moving from my spot on the bar stool to wash my bowl in the sink. "London has too many bad memories." I shivered thinking back to what's happened over the past couple of months.

"You can't let him control your life, and ruin your opinion on your home Chloe." Lilly argued with me, "He has his own life now, you need to make yours and London holds so many opportunities for you. You seriously aren’t going to live with us and look after Elsa for the rest of your life are you?"

Lilly was right, I knew she was but I was so stubborn I couldn’t accept what she was saying. I just shook my head and moved round to Elsa, picking her up out of her highchair and hoisting her up on my hip.