24. Jealously

Harry

I show Chloe the living room, dining room, my study and library, and the gym on the ground level of the property, before taking her upstairs to show her the bedrooms.

Her bedroom was the one on the left, grey, blue and white. A four poster bed sat in the middle of the room, made with fresh sheets and towels sat on the ottoman. A dresser, chest of draws and a large arm chair facing the French doors that lead to the balcony. It was very similar to the one Chloe had in her old house, the balcony I scaled to save her from her past.

"Its beautiful Harry," she opens the door and walks out onto the balcony the wind wrapping her hair in her face, she giggles and I move the hair from her face and she gives me a small smile.

"The bathrooms through that door," I pointed back into the room from our position outside on the balcony. I leaned my arms on the steel that was stopping us from falling, and watched as the sea rolled onto the sand.

"Why not live in the city?" Chloe leans her hips against the bar, and places her hands firmly at either side of herself.

"I live in the city at home; it's nice to escape to think."

"What about Emily? Is she an ex-girlfriend?" Whoa that was a quick topic change.

"No, she is valued friend and employee Chloe nothing more." She lowered her head, "Why do you think I have history with all of my employees?"

She cocks her head to the side and shrugs her shoulders, "the reputation you built."

"The papers and my mother don't understand publicity very well Chloe, you should take everything you hear as fact." I sigh, there is the one person I thought the papers wouldn't fool, but I guess that was the only information she could read to know what was actually happening in my life.

"Faye told me you don't do girlfriends."

"I don't, you should know this,"

"But I was your girlfriend?"

"You are the only acceptation to that rule Chloe."

"Why isn't Faye your girlfriend? Why haven't you had another girlfriend?"

"Because she's not you Chloe" That's what she wants to here, and that's the truth. Why does she care? "No one since or before has compared to you okay, I've never loved anyone since or before you. You were it for me, but I'm incapable to love aren't I so what's the point?" I stand from my slumped position and walk back through her bedroom and out towards the staircase.

"Harry wait," I turn on my foot and glare at her, "I just want you to be happy, you deserve happiness."

I have to laugh at her, "Happiness? Do I Chloe? You know I am happy, I have my extremely successful business, I'm a multimillionaire, I have several houses like this all over the world, what more could make my happy Chloe?" I seethe at her.

I didn't want this, I didn't want to argue with her, but she pushed me to far, always grasping for information.

"Love makes you happy Harry; your smile isn't the same." I raise my eyebrow at her and she sighs stepping closer to me, "I haven't seen your full smile, were you get the crinkles by the side of your eyes and your dimples indent your cheeks fully. You've changed so much." Her finger trails to were my dimple would form if I smiled my full smile, the one I only let my close family see.

"You've changed as well; you don't look at Leo the way you used to look at me. You don't love him like you loved me Chloe; you loved me so much more." She steps back from me with a horrified look on her face.

"I do love him Harry; I'm so happy you're just jealous." Her hand comes to her chest, and she lowers her eyes, she can't even look at me.

"You know what I am jealous Chloe, jealous that his hands have been were mine have, that he's the one who gets to spend the rest of his pathetic life with you. I always thought when you left you'd come back to me, because you couldn't find anyone who made you feel the way I did, just heartbreak and misery, because that's all I felt Chloe, and now you lie and tell me your happy without me, it just breaks me even more, but I'm doing this to myself. I didn't have to hire you, look after you, and bring you to New York. I thought the pain of seeing you like this would numb the pain I've been feeling for the past three years but it only seems to be making me fall even more in love with you, and that pain hurts so much more. Can't you see I'm mindlessly in love with you?"

I take a breath after my speech, I just poured my heart out to her and she just stood immobile searching my face for something. I didn't waste any more of my time on her and turned making my way down the staircase and out of the house.

I ran onto the beach, looking behind me but she was right in not to follow me. I've organised us a dinner for tonight and I'm still going ahead with my original plan. I'm going to win her over again, and show her what she could have with me, that she could have me, every part every aspect. No one is here to interrupt this time, or to distract us.

I take my phone from the pocket of my jeans and text Emily telling her to give Chloe the box I had sent to the house yesterday. It is my first of many apologies to her, which should have been given a long time ago, but I've never had the right opportunity to show her how sorry I am and how much I love her. I hope she has a more clear idea now.

Stripping from my clothes I run towards the sea. Letting the sand sink between my toes, and the waves hit my calves as I dive into and under the harsh salt water. I didn't know what I was doing, what I was saying or trying to achieve. I've laid my heart out for her, and its Chloe's decision in what happens next, but I hope she gives me the opportunity to show her how much I've changed and that I can finally be what she wants me to be.

A/N: Hello everyone, shorter than last week I know but I don't always have the time to write such long chapters.

I'm updating again tomorrow, and this is where it all starts getting exciting and I can't wait because this is what I've been planning from the start of the story epp!!!

So please comment, vote and share!

I love you all, and I still can't believe the reception I am getting for this! xxx