2.MODE

Harry ⭐

"Mr Styles, Leo Hunter is here to see you." Steph tells me through the phone. I tell her to send him in five minutes. I place the black phone back onto the stand and push back from my desk, spinning around to look down over London.

MODE offices were one of the largest buildings in the centre of London, from one small room with five desks and one computer I have come such a long way.

I sometimes can't believe how lucky I have been with my success, to be a multi-millionaire at 24, and to own the largest and most successful business in London never crossed my mind when I started out.

After holding an internship at Venture for three years before I graduated, I never thought the small business plan I had would expand and give me everything I have now.

I stand from the spinning padded black office chair and step closer to the floor to ceiling window. The people rushing through the streets from London look like small ants, a million miles away from the business world that I am involved in here on the 33rd floor of this building.

I know Leo is waiting for our meeting but I can't help but have a moment to myself before I agree to a business idea that never excited me or convinced me from day one.

Chris Hunter, my old boss from Venture contacted me earlier on this month pleading for me to help his son. Leo has just taken over from Chris and he needs this business deal to start him of, but his father looking for a favour doesn't really show the signs of a true or confident leader.

His idea is to open a publishing house, I know this year that a few have gone bust and there is a clear opening in the market for one. I like the ring of MODE Publishing, it sounds good but if it doesn't take off I will lose a shed load of money and Venture will most likely collapse.

I run my hand threw my over grown hair and turn back to my office. It is simple and modern, no individual touches except the picture of me, my mum and Gemma on my desk.

The desk is made completely from glass and houses my Mac computer, the telephone and a lot of paperwork I have yet to finish before the day ends. In front of my desk are two lower black padded chairs, inclined towards my desk, they are purposely lower, I've always liked to be higher up, it shows my position and power.

The right wall of my office is mainly covered in an oak book shelf and storage unit which holds a lot of things that don't concern me, I let Steph organise that I have done for the past 2 years.

The rest of my office is pretty basic, walls painted white, a black sofa at the opposite end and a photograph hanging by the door and a foot away from my desk. The picture is black and white and of the land in Holmes Chapel. I like to have a reminder of home and where I came from. I believe it is important for me to stay as grounded as I can and not go off in forgetting my past and what brought me to where I am today.

I pull the sleeves of my grey blazer to cover the white cuffs from my shirt of showing and walk to my office door. I grip the sliver handle, pulling it down to open the door.

Stepping out, Steph smiles at me from behind her computer screen. Steph is 28, and has worked for me from the start; I hired her because she is the most organised person I have ever met in my life. Without her I think a few times I would have certainly lost a lot of money or missed out on great opportunities for the company. She's a pretty girl to, chocolate hair pulled back into a pony tail showing her naturally glowing cheeks, I suppose pregnancy just enhances a woman's look and paired with her big brown eyes and the sweetest smile she surly is a catch.

I look over to my right to see Leo sat on his blackberry with a black leather binder on his lap. He looks a little older than me, his hair being pushed to one side and his blue eyes seemed even brighter from the reflection of the screen on his phone.