1.Diamonds

Chloe

I place the last of the brown boxes filled with all my classic novels into the boot of my cherry red Mercedes that I have had since high school. I choose to still keep it; I never want to part with it however old it is.

I slam the boot close, and my black stilettos clip along the wet tarmac, dodging the many puddles as I hold my umbrella in one hand and my handbag in the other as I make my way to the driver’s door. 

Pulling it open with one hand I throw my handbag onto the passenger seat thanking myself for zipping it closed before I left my office, swinging one leg inside followed by the other whilst I hold the umbrella over the car before quickly pulling my other hand out to pull it closed. Pulling the car door hard it shuts at my side as I fling my black umbrella to the back seat of the car.

I pull down my grey pencil skirt that has ridden up; pull my matching grey blazer from one arm then the other before joining it with my toppled handbag on the passenger seat. The white simple button up blouse is comfortable enough so I make no effort to adjust it. I check my appearance in the overhead mirror, wiping away the smudged mascara from under my eye and take in my naturally rosy cheeks.

Once settled in my car, I turn on Radio 1 and push my car keys into the ignition. The key rings jingle together as my leg knocks them as I push down on the pedal to get the car moving.

Pulling out the Bakers Publishing House is sadder than what I thought it would be. It was my first real job after I graduated with my first in English, it held so many good memoires and I was sad to see it in my rear view mirror.

I wasn't panicking about the loss of my job, I mean yes it was sad but I was stable, I had a roof over my head, food, warmth and most importantly love.

I haven't been able to stop gazing at the band of diamonds sitting on my engagement finger. The way the diamonds catch the light, how light it sits on my finger and more importantly how it make me think of the man I love with all my heart. Leo Hunter.

I met Leo over two years ago at a convention Mr Baker had pushed me into going. It was to do with all new technologies, I had no idea why I was made to go but I think it was his way of trying to push me into using an e-book or tablet for work like a lot of the other colleagues did. I was more acquainted with my red biro and book shelf.

I was stood reading a board about e-books for too long to notice his presence next to me. As he said hello I was caught straight away by his appearance. He was dressed professionally in black slacks, a crisp white shirt, a black tie and blazer. His skin had a light natural tan to it, his hair was dark brown that almost seemed black but close enough you could tell the difference and his crystal blue eyes had me dreaming.

A week later we went out on a date, he was charming, caring and a true gentleman. I learnt that he was three years older than me, but age has never been an issue, he worked for his Dads Company Venture that specialised in budgetary and finance, and that he was an excellent kisser.

We later started a relationship; we grew closer and stronger as time passed. I fell for him quickly and hard, I scared myself away from him but his love would always have me running back. We got engaged just over a month ago and have recently moved into our new London town house. It is better for the two us, commuting to work in the city and for our hectic social lives.

I pull my car up on the side road, behind Leo's sliver BMW. I didn’t know he would be home so early today; I wanted to use our new kitchen and cook us a real meal after living on take away and McDonalds for the past week.

I collect my handbag and jacket from the passenger seat, leaving my boxes for later as I make my way to the black cast iron gate. Pushing it open I climb the concrete steps one at time being careful against the slippery surface in my heels, thank god the rain had stopped.

I couldn’t be bothered to unzip my handbag and dig for my key, so I lifted the sliver knocker on out pale blue door and waited for my fiancé to come and greet me.

He opened the door with a huge grin across his face, his eyes wide like a puppy and the excitement was spilling from every aspect of him.

"Let me in and then you can tell me." I pushed past him and into the light hallway painted a nude colour to slip my heels off and throw my car keys into a small Moroccan styled bowl next to the door.

I followed a 'pop' sound and into our living/kitchen/dinner space. The whole of the ground level was opening planned and white. Floor to ceiling the walls were painted white, the furniture and accessories added the colours of turquoise, olive green and grey.

Leo was stood behind the granite counter top with two champagne glasses and a fresh bottle from our engagement popped open.

"Champagne love?" He asked me holding out a glass to me as I made my way to the island to take a seat on the cushioned bar stool. I raised my eyebrow as I took the glass and wrapped my fingers around it; I wasn't going to question him because I could really do with the bubbly liquid after today.

"Why the champagne?" I ask after a few sips of the crystal liquid. Leo is never one to pop open a bottle of champagne; he was all about persevering the 20 bottles we received for our engagement because they get better with age. I didn’t understand but agreed anyway as I would much rather sit down with a glass of wine.

"Because I have big news," he smiled again, I gestured with my hand for him to carry on and so he did, "I secured a brand new deal today, a huge deal." He exaggerated with his hands, I loved how passionate Leo was about his work, even when he has replaced his father, and a lot of people would crumble under the pressure or rebel against their wishes to carry on the family business but not Leo.

"That’s amazing babe well done!" I moved around the counter to stand by his side, I pecked his lips and he pulled me into a hug. He was on cloud nine, and I wasn't going to bring him down, this seemed bigger than anything he has achieved before.

Pulling out the hug, I rested my hip against the side of the counter as Leo re-filled our glasses.

"Who's it with?" I asked, lifting the re-filled glass to my champagne glossy lips.

"MODE, they want to open a publishing house and the CEO asked for us to help sort the finances." I had never heard of the company before, but they must be pretty big for Leo to be celebrating like this, and they are opening a publishing house, I wonder if I could apply for a job. I'll have to ask Leo another time.

"I'm so proud of you," I pulled him in for another kiss, but I made this one longer deepening it. I swiped my tongue along his bottom lip asking for entrance but he didn't grant it, instead he pulled away and gave me a small smile.

"I've made reservations for dinner, and Rob and Joe are coming to celebrate as well with their wives." He tells me looking at his blackberry. I feel disappointed that he wouldn’t kiss me further so I sulk against the counter top and finish my glass of champagne.

He turns round to me once he realises I haven’t replied. He moves in front of me and places both his hands on my cheeks.

"I'm sorry baby, I will kiss you for hours later I just don’t want to get distracted and be late for dinner," he kisses my cheek lightly and moves away towards the staircase.

I stay in my sulking position acting like a child, Leo stops to look back at me and then down to his watch. He offers his out stretched hand to mine and I lazily walk over to him and take it.

Once my hand is wrapped around his he pulls my body right into his chest. I have to place my hand over his heart to steady myself before looking up into blue eyes that are turning darker with lust.

"We have 10 minutes baby," he whispers in my ear as he begins to kiss my neck, "do you think that is enough time?" His lips hover over mine and I quickly nod before he plants his lips on mine in a heated, lustful kiss. He quickly scoops me up into his arms and up the stairs.

I already know that 10 minutes is more than enough time.

A/N:
I'm back!
It's so good to be writing and to be back again!!
Don't worry if you haven't read NewGirl you can still enjoy HisGirl but it helps if you have.
Please follow my twitter page @HisGreenEyesxx
Next update will be the 7th of December!
Comment, vote and share love you all lots xx