10. George

Harry ⭐

I was looking forward to this weekend; it being chilled spent with good friends and food.

After last weekend with Faye, I was worn out. She stayed with me in my apartment from the Friday night to the Sunday morning were I had to drive her home while she was still fast asleep. She wasn't very happy when she woke up outside her front door as I received multiple texts and voice mails of her telling me how much of a dick I was.

Faye is beautiful, funny and smart but she isn’t what I want. I'm very picky in everything I choose, even with girls. I wasn't proud of how I would absorb every minor detail about them as they chatted me up by the bar but my mind and eyes had their own plan as they would scan for faults in looks, personality and habits.

I promised Faye I would make it up to her, but she flew to Milan today for a fashion show and I had to thank whoever hired her, that I would be free for one weekend.

She is great, and the sex is great but she isn't what I need.

I don’t know what I need, or who I need but it certainly isn’t what I've been doing for the past three or so years.

I took a long sip from the bottle of corona that was sat under my grip and looked into the large pan of meat and spices that I was preparing for tonight.

I had rang my mum in the week when I wasn't busy planning the opening party for MODE Publishing. She gave me a recipe for a chicken curry that she used to make for me, Gemma and Chloe. It was one of Chloe's favourites and I wanted to impress her tonight and show her that I still remember all the little details about her, even if my curry isn't as nice as my mums.

My mum nagged that I needed to come home soon and see my family and my goddaughter.

Lilly married Cameron 2 years ago and soon fell pregnant with my goddaughter Elsa. I didn’t attend the wedding knowing very well that Chloe was being a bridesmaid for Lilly in the same church that my mum and Robin married in. I made a pathetic excuse that I was in the Bahamas for business.

I went to the christening a year later, becoming Elsa May Spencer's godfather. She is the most beautiful little girl I had ever met. I skyped them occasionally and sent Elsa presents but I didn’t see her as much as I would like. I want to be a big part of her life but it’s hard when I live all the way down here in London and they live at home.

I promised my mum I would be home soon, which I would try but I probably wouldn’t keep it and I guess my mum knew when she sighed and told me how much she loved me before hanging up. I'm not a bad son, I go home on the holidays but I think I know and my mum know I would be home more often if it didn’t hold so many memories for me.

I have good memoires for me from home but they all seemed to have followed me down to London. With that I'm talking about Chloe and of course the boys.

I've kept in touch with them all over the past couple of years, but I never really spent much time with them because I was so consumed with Chloe and then my work. They were all at my side, when everything seemed to end for me and there when they took off with MODE.

They were all coming to dinner tonight, including a few of their girlfriends and Chloe of course. I hadn’t told any of them since I asked her at such late notice but I would be surprised if she actually showed, I haven’t had a text or call off her all week.

I finished off the bottle in my hands and turned to the mirror in my hall to check my appearance as the clock neared 7. I'm wearing simple black skinny jeans, a black top and my old black converse that found in the back of my wardrobe between all the boots I'd come to own over the years.

The lose shoe lace was currently being tugged by my dog George. George was a three year old British Bulldog puppy. I originally bought him for Chloe for her birthday, but soon after we broke up her insisting that I kept George. Every time I look at him I see her smiling face when she opened the box and his little head popped out.

I bend down to his height and rub his head making him lick my hand and pant for attention, "You get to see mummy tonight George" I told the dog as his tongue hung out its mouth and nudged his head against my hand for me to pat it once again. "I know I'm excited to." He ran away to his bed when the intercom rang and I turned away from him to buzz in the boys. 

They filled in one by one, pulling me into a hug and patting my back, the girls giving me small smiles and placing simple kisses to my cheek. I was passed two bottles of red wine from the seven, placing them on the rack in my kitchen seeing them all set up around my 55’ plasma screen across the room.

My penthouse was all opened planned kitchen dinner and living space. I had a corridor that led to my office, a small gym, two bathrooms and three bedrooms. It’s so big with me just living here, I want to share it with someone one day but for now I’m happy living with George.

“Beers boys? Wine girls?” They all nodded and shouted ‘yes’s’ my way as I turned in my kitchen to retrieve 5 bottles of corona and open a bottle of white and pour it into three wine glasses.

“Need any help haz?” Liam was at my side holding the wine glasses in one hand. He gave me a genuine smile and helped me place all the drinks onto the island in my kitchen.

“How are things with Sophia?” I and Liam’s relationship never really got back to how it was after Chloe. He loved her and so did I; he was my rock when we broke up. I felt bad that he didn’t have a shoulder to lean on when they ended things, instead she ran straight into my arms and I caught her leaving my best friend to pick up the pieces by himself.

“Great actually, we’re moving in together soon. Just got to find the right place.” He unscrewed the cork from the bottle of wine as I worked my way around opening the bottles of beer.

“Liam, Chloe’s coming tonight.” I said lowly, looking over to the couches making sure the rest didn’t hear. Liam’s sharp intake of breath confirmed how shocked he was.

“What? You’re talking to her again?” I shook my head at his assumption lifting my own bottle of beer to my lips.

“She’s engaged Li, she works for me.” I took a large gulp and Liam copied my actions taking his bottle from the island and taking a large swig.

“Shit, is she still you know the same Chloe?” He asked wiping the back of his hand over his lips to remove the condensation that had formed in my hot kitchen.

“I’m still trying to figure that out, her fiancé is a right dick though.” He laughed at my opinion and I joined in with him.

“Of course you’re going to think that.” He shook his head at me, a thought surfacing over his laughter, “do you still love her haz?” he asked lowering his voice, not wanting the others to catch on to our conversation.

“I never stopped Li,” I glanced down at my hands, feeling exposed and open to my friend who knew very well the deep cuts she left me and how long it took for me to repair. His hand settled on my back making me jump along with the buzz off the intercom.

“I’ll get it!” Louis jumped from the couch and across the room to the door, sliding against the hard wood floor. George ran with him barking at the door and scratching his paws up against the wood of the door.

I waited knowing exactly who was stood behind that door just from George’s excitement. My heart started to beat a little faster and the shock and surprise ringing in Louis’s voice as he said her name all most made me want to take Chloe far away from here, away from the boys, just me and her.

Her laughter made its way through the air of my apartment as she entered all the boys running to her, the girls following suit and George attacking her legs. While I stood firm in my place, my knuckles turning white as I clenched the granite work top.

I couldn’t decide if inviting Chloe tonight was the best or worst mistake I had made.

A/N: Surprise update for you lot!!
I'm still updating tomorrow but I just thought I would be extra kind today haha
Please comment and vote and share!
Love you all xx