5. Photo Frame

Chloe ♥

I had parked my car less than five minutes ago in the spot outside the publishing house that had my name marked on the floor.

C.SPENCER

It was nice to have a reserved parking space, it meant I didn’t have to worry on finding one every morning, and it was only a short walk from the warmth of my car to the beautiful glass frontage that was MODE Publishing House.

The building was beautiful; it was an old mill factory in the centre of London. Recently refurbished into offices and bought by my boss Harry Styles.

Speaking of the man himself, his Audi pulled up next to my Mercedes. This wasn’t the same Audi that Harry had received for his 18th Birthday, but it wasn’t going to be since money was no object to him anymore.

I had to give him a double take as he stepped out from his car, he wasn’t wearing a suit, he didn’t look a CEO. He looked like my Harry, I mean the Harry I once knew.

He was dressed more casual today, in black skinny jeans, a black shirt that was unbuttoned to the canter of his stomach showing some of his many tattoos. A patterned scarf was hanging around his neck and a black fedora sat on top of his head. He looked so familiar and it put me a little more at ease.

Harry gave me a small smile as I stood leaning against the side of my car. I felt uncomfortable under his gaze as he took in my turquoise dress; it was tight and had a low cut showing a little cleavage but not too much. My nude heels went well with the dress and I had my sand coloured mac hanging over my arm as I held my handbag.

“Good morning Miss Spencer, nice car.” He eyed the car and winked at me making my flush. Did he really just wink at me? He’s probably thinking about all the memoires we have inside my car, the thought makes me heat up even more and I suddenly feel flustered by the thoughts.

Harry’s laughter removes me from my thoughts, and I know he’s been watching me re-live some of our best memories. He tilts his head towards the building and I follow behind him until we make it through the heavy glass doors and what’s on the other side takes my breath away.

Standing on sand coloured tiles that made my nude heels click even louder as I walked. The entrance to my new offices were beautiful, MODE Publishing House was modern, minimalistic and original. The entrance where I stood was all original red brick I loved it. It was only small but Harry had no expense spared doing the place up, Leo was up to it in numbers and finance making sure Harry could have everything he wanted for this.

“What do you think?” He asked as I joined his side. It was filled with people, filing into the elevators at the end of the room, signing in at the main desk and everyone seemed to be chatting to each other and making the most of the first day.

“It’s –“

“Mr Styles?” I was interrupted replying to Harry as a young girl walked towards us with a file held against her chest, smiling brightly at the two of us. I predicted that she was around the age of 19 maybe, her red hair tied back in a ponytail, she was really pretty, youthful and grinning. I liked her black jumpsuit that hugged her body well and I'm guessing Harry did as his eyes wandered over her body. It made me feel jealous that she was subject to his attention, but he wasn't mine anymore so it shouldn’t bother me but it sadly did.

“Miss Spencer, this is Anna Scott your assistant,” Harry smiled between the two of us as Anna offered her hand and I shake it politely giving the girl a small smile.

“Mr Styles, everything is ready. Whenever you want me to call everyone together let me know.” She smiled leaving the two of us still stood only a foot away from the main door.